Grandma Was Ammo Blocking Me!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by harrise, Apr 27, 2014.

1. harrise

harrise New Member

For a good while now I've been able to pick up a brick a month from the range guys along with three or four 50 round boxes on each trip. It was just enough to be stashing a little and shooting plenty.

Then over the last month they got a few new guys at the counter and they've been giving me the same old line about where 22LR is at right now. Never any bricks and limiting me to two 50 round boxes. My stash started getting low.

Last week I was bummed and working through my 100 rounds when my grandparents showed up with a shiny new Federal champion 525 box that THEY JUST BOUGHT FROM THE GUYS UP FRONT!!! I was about to march up there and demand an explanation for being pushed aside like that. Then she informed me that they've been getting buckets and bricks every other weekend. By telling them that they're buying for all three of us! I shoot about 50-100 rounds on target games with him and his SR22, but I have my own 22 as well for crying out loud.

So instead of getting up in the range guys business, I suggested they bring me in the loop for once a month. That's all I really need considering the bricks are $25-$30 each there. Yesterday was my day to take all the 22LR they would give us...
    [​IMG]

Still a little miffed that my grandparents have bought 4 buckets this year on that little scheme. Needing connections and shenanigans to get rimfire ammo... Who would've ever seen this coming?

2. Rugergirl

Rugergirl New Member

Ha ha...that's actually pretty funny! Grandma's been around awhile and knows how to work the system.

3. Misty1946

Misty1946 New Member

Just goes to show ya, that us grandma's are smarter and know how to get ahead of our kids and grand kids. Lmao

Sorry but I do the same as she did

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

As long as your getting 22 ammo..........all is good...

5. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Never trust a old lady lol

No names here, misty

6. Misty1946

Misty1946 New Member

Yea but I know where you live , smart a$$. Lol

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was getting my Wally's world limit of 3 bricks of 22lr by going in at night and getting the ammo just off the trucks. That evidently pissed off the morning scavenger hoarders because now they will not sell any ammo till next morning after truck is unloaded. I was told much of the 22lr is being bought up by the local cops that get there when the doors open. Surprise, surprise WM never seems to have any 22lr when I check now.

8. harrise

harrise New Member

Aside from this range setup we have going on, I haven't seen 22LR on a shelf since November. To the point now that I get EXCITED over these...
    [​IMG]