GP100 Leather Holster pics please

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Tamlibtoim, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

As the title implies, looking to purchase a holster for my GP100 4.2 inch. Alot of manufactures make them but don't show pictures of the gun in the holster. Looking for one that rides a bit lower on the belt with a forward cant. Im leaning towards the TripleK holster on ShopRuger.com so any input is appreciated. Thanks

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I tend to like the higher riding holsters because they more easily conceal the gun and holster. A lower riding holster requires a shirt or jacket that is fairly longer in order to cover the barrel. A 4.2" barrel IMO for me would need a higher riding holster to keep the barrel concealed. A canted holster IMO does a better job of concealing the gun as well as positioning the grip at an easier to grab position.
    Bottom line is to each his or her own liking. LOL I think we all have holsters that didn't quite fit our desires or needs which is why many of us have quite a few holsters. What works for one person might not work for another.

Here is a gun multi fit holster with a GP100 Match Champion with a 4" barrel. The holster has the hammer strap for securing the gun. This holster is inexpensive and fits most any gun medium to large size. It has a steel belt clip and belt loops to wear as you feel fit your attire at the time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I don't think of a GP100 4.2" as a CCW, so the holster choice is pretty much wide open for me. I settled on a DeSantis 002 34 for my MC version GP100. It is a high rider, with a significant forward cant, that fits the gun very well. The butt is what makes the gun pretty much obvious unless you're wearing a Mackinaw. Sorry, I don't have a pic; it won't make you look like a dude though

4. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

Thanks for the pic buster. I wont be CC the GP100 maybe open carry, so concealment is not a priority. I am looking mainly for secure fit and comfort.

5. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

That holster is to small for my GP 100 Match Champion.I need to find me a holster for mind!

6. KYPOKERKING

KYPOKERKING New Member

Best holster for my GP100 hands down is the GALCO COMBAT MASTER. I have a 3 inch barrel but holster is made for 4 inch great for conceal carry. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1483736444.354205.jpg

7. Tamlibtoim

Tamlibtoim New Member

Thanks for the pic KYPOKERKING! Now were talking! That holster looks awesome! I got the Triple K from shopRuger.com but i find the thumb snap to be cumbersome when trying to re holster. I know now why people end up with drawers full of em until the right one is found... On another note I also purchased the Mitch Rosen holster for my LC9s and it is perfect!

8. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I have a Bianchi model 58H, use it around the farm. It's a little top heavy but not to bad, the Galco that KYPOKERING posted probably rides lower and doesn't have the heaviness on top.

Attached Files:

9. ifithitu

Nice I have one just like it,bought it last month.

10. ifithitu

Here's mine I bought last month.

Attached Files:

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well shucks, here's a pic of my DeSantis. The only significant difference from KYPOKERKING's Galco is the flared extension at the top. It is there to guide the gun in when reholstering. Looks a little odd, works slick.

Attached Files:

12. Fletch4466

Fletch4466 New Member

I have a 44 mag super red hawk what is the best holster for it 7.5 barrel ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1494762283.452658.jpg

13. TnTom

TnTom New Member

I love this one. But if you want something thats favors lower and canted its not going to fit the bill. I like it because it remains against my body tight to my ribs and well concealed beneath my upper strong side arm. It can be also worn cross draw which I dont favor. A very nice feature is the sheath that the holster is actually secured to which allow the holster and gun to be taken off when I come in for lunch or when I just happpen to be doing something that might require me to lay on the ground like when I need to be working outside on the tractor or when I just need to get the gun out of the way. Its really comfortable and I dont have to buckle and unbuckle just unsnap and slip it off. It made by Galco (Hi-Ride) galco Hi ride for GP100 4 in.png galco Hi ride for GP100 4 in.png

Attached Files: