Gp100 4" California

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Glockaxis, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Glockaxis

Glockaxis New Member

I live in the crudy state if CA where the weather is nice and thats about it. If it wasn't for time invested in this job and a family to take care of, I'd be out ----still might despite that....

Anyway, does Ruger make a separate legal 4.0" barrel for California and a 4.2" for every other state? Do gun stores outside of CA carry new 4" gp100s or does my local gun store have to special order a 4" from Ruger?

I already have a 3" version and would like to get a 4. Not interested in a 6.

Thanks

2. redhawk4life

redhawk4life New Member

I think they are all 4.2" in the gp100 model you can try to call ruger but good luck getting through

3. Glockaxis

Glockaxis New Member

Funny thing is is that I did contact Ruger 3 times and the third guy is the one that told me they make a 4" just for CA and ma. Maybe he was just guessing. He also said the 4.2 has been made since 08

4. redhawk4life

redhawk4life New Member

Rugers other models have a 4" available so maybe they do for the gp but have never seen one. But i dont live in CA or MA

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Ruger Talk Forum Glockaxis !!

6. Glockaxis

Glockaxis New Member

Thanks. Good to be here.

7. DonnieD

DonnieD New Member

Good luck to you on your search.

I was stationed at NAS Pt Mugu, 82-85. At that time, other than nutty traffic on the LA freeways all hours but midnight to 4AM, CA had all the plusses such as great weather and scenery and none of the braindead behavior of the legislature. Too bad the liberals decided to shaft the average worker to promote idiotic social programs. Don