Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The gun in the ad has 38 special on the barrel but I am not seeing Ruger offering any GP100 in 38 special in their list of GP100 revolvers. The model listed 01751 doesn't even come up on Ruger site.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm pretty sure it holds six

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldn't stand it any more & called them, if nothing more than to tell them to change the add. the man I talked to said it was correct as posted. he told me it was a close out & that it was in fact a 5 shot 38 special. If I had the gun money I would have ordered 1. CDNN customer service #800.588.9500

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well kiss my dog..................LOL

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Weird.......Who'd a thunk it. A five shot .38 spl gp100............

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well I have to say the recoil must be very easy to handle shooting 38 spl.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I once had a Smith & Wesson .38 special with an 8 1/2" barrel. At the time I gave $150.00 for it and never took the time to do any investigation to see how many were made. Even today I still don't know. I sold it to a buddy of mine who bugged the crap out of me so he could shoot it in league shooting. To this day I wish I still had it even if it's not worth much, but just because it's a novelty.

Tommy

·
Registered
112 Posts
The gun in the photo is a six shot. Their description of it even says it is a six shot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
From what I understand GP100 .38 Special only revolvers are out there. LGS and distributors get them due to cancelled special order PD and security orders. Some PD's and security companies especially overseas only allow .38 Special revolvers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts