Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this and just wanted to see how it works. Here is my GP-100. Just wondering what customization or modifications anyone has done to theirs. I added the red front site, reduced hammer and trigger spring, and changed the grip panel to Tasmanian hardwood with a .357 casing insert. I am thinking of changing the inserts to a burl or quilted maple. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1395099335.554668.jpg

Attachments

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Great looking wheel gun....nice....

·
Registered
161 Posts
How'd you do the front sight? Not sure I've seen one like it.....
The GP100 will accept the front sight from the Redhawk/Super Redhawk. The front sight installed in the OPs GP100 is standard on the older SRH(and possibly all SRHs, not sure about the newer ones). The GP100 has a plunger in the upper barrel rib. You push in the pin from the muzzle end, and lift the front sight out. Drop in a different front sight, and let the plunger spring back. Its an excellent set up. There are gold dot sights, a set of four colored sights, as well as the black/orange dot, or all black. There are also aftermarket Fiber Optic sights, and Tritium night sights available.

My 4" GP100 with the orange dot front sight.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Good looking GP100's......I just got a Match Champion a few weeks back.....love it...

·
Registered
147 Posts
The GP100 will accept the front sight from the Redhawk/Super Redhawk. The front sight installed in the OPs GP100 is standard on the older SRH(and possibly all SRHs, not sure about the newer ones). The GP100 has a plunger in the upper barrel rib. You push in the pin from the muzzle end, and lift the front sight out. Drop in a different front sight, and let the plunger spring back. Its an excellent set up. There are gold dot sights, a set of four colored sights, as well as the black/orange dot, or all black. There are also aftermarket Fiber Optic sights, and Tritium night sights available.

My 4" GP100 with the orange dot front sight.
I tried to take some close ups. The plunger holding the site on is on the front of the barrel.

"The Gravey"
Thanks for the info. I replaced my GP100 front site with a HiLine fiber optic so under stand the mechanics of it.

I just hadn't seen the site on the OP's gun and was curious.

I highlighted my original site with florescent white acylic paint and it looked somewhat similar.

Great looking GP100's....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts