Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently discovered that GP-100, and even the compact size with SP-101 inserts, grips will fit on the Ruger Alaskan. The SP-101 grips are a bit small, but I do like these panel grips on the big revolver...

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
I recently discovered that GP-100, and even SP-101, grips will fit on the Ruger Alaskan. The SP-101 grips are a bit small, but I do like these panel grips on the big revolver...

Looks good but small (as stated) compared to the standard grips.
I believe personally I would go with the larger ones for that type pistol.

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe personally I would go with the larger ones for that type pistol.
Ah, but, this one has a modified cylinder, and is able to fire .45 ACP using moon clips. The felt recoil from .45 ACP is nothing compared to the big .454 Casull rounds...;)

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Looks great....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I keep telling Ruger that they need to build a .45 ACP revolver based on the GP100 frame. A Wiley Clapp configuration 5 rounder would be about perfect.

Sent from my cellphone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice looking set up. What is your primary purpose of the Alaskan? Bear protection? Also what kid of accuracy can you expect out of this snub cannon, say over 25 yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is your primary purpose of the Alaskan? Bear protection? Also what kid of accuracy can you expect out of this snub cannon, say over 25 yards?
My primary purpose? I have so many purposes, I'm unable to prioritize them for you...sorry :(
Bear protection? Sure
Accuracy? Well, it certainly isn't a target gun, but with .45 acp rounds, it does as well as any other snubnose...;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh, ok bro... Large caliber short barrel revolver screams bear protection to me. Not much of a distance target gun or EDC piece.? I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts