Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The current electronic issue of the NRA magazine has a review of the GP-100 44 Special, including a photo (possibly Ruger stock) of the right side of the gun. The clearance under the front sight is, ah, clear.

Not sure this link will work:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/si_201705/index.php#/104

An entertaining write-up, at any rate.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I guess Ruger thinks it isn't a big deal. If the buyers don't mind then so be it. It just looks a bit out of the ordinary.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
On the Sig P250 I had the front sight set up slightly but it needed to, to align properly with the rear sights. As long as it shoots accurately what is the big deal?:)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Maybe Ruger should inform people the sight has to be high for the sighting as you said. If that is in fact the reason.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
On the Sig P250 I had the front sight set up slightly but it needed to, to align properly with the rear sights. As long as it shoots accurately what is the big deal?:)
Maybe Ruger should inform people the sight has to be high for the sighting as you said. If that is in fact the reason.
That would never work for anyone that has "CDO".
(That's the same thing as "OCD" but the letters are in the right order).

I might be a little "OCD'ed" about it myself. When it just don't look right... :dunno:

My guess... They cut a bunch that way. On the next run they'll likely do better.

Like Oldhand said, if it works, no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts