Got your back covered.

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, Aug 1, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard in a movie or TV show the person telling his partner I have you covered or cover me I am going in? Well in this day and age when our rights to defend ourselves with a gun in a life or death situation are put on the line then we better hope someone has our back covered by legal representation. Here is an article from CCW Safe legal representation for gun owners. People ask is there any legal representation company that has defended and won a shooting case for one of its members. Well here is an article telling about just that situation where a gun owner was kept out of jail on a murder charge for defending himself with his gun while even being attacked. I have CCW Safe covering my back. Is there anyone covering your back that actually has their legal guns loaded to defend you at no cost to you other than your membership?

This is the article sent to me from CCW Safe.

CCW safe is proud to announce that after a two week Murder trial a CCW Safe member was found Not Guilty in the first full self defense murder trial in the industry. For the last two years the company has funded the defense of a member involved in a self defense shooting. He was attacked twice at an event and retreated to his vehicle to retrieve his firearm when he was confronted again by his attacker. He gave warning and then shot and killed the attacker as he was attacked a third time. He was charged with Murder. Within 24 hours, CCW Safe had boots on the ground. The member was bonded out of jail, highly reputable and experienced criminal defense lawyers entered appearances for his defense, expert witnesses were later hired who are leaders in their field, as well as the in-house consultation resources of CCW Safe's experienced advisory board and trial consultants.

CCW Safe has spent over $300,000 in attorneys fees and costs in the defense of this member. Yet, our member has never received a bill or an invoice from any of the people or companies who have spent the last two years working hard to make sure he remains free. If this case involved a member of NRA Carry Guard, USCCA or US law shield, he would have had to spend a tremendous amount of money out of pocket with only a hope of being reimbursed. For instance, under the NRA Carry Guard model, he would be responsible for 80% of the expenses until he was acquitted. Only then would he receive a reimbursement for the remaining 80%. That would've resulted in our member declaring bankruptcy. Had he been convicted, none of our competitors would have paid. CCW Safe is the only company that not only defends and pays, we stand behind decision to use force.

CCW Safe's Claims Committee is planning a video series that will feature National Trial Counsel, Don West, and the Defense team who tried the case. Throughout the two year fight the defense lawyers have said numerous times that they were blown away by the expertise and resources provided to them by CCW safe. CCW Safe provided at no cost to our member, jury consultants, trial exhibit consultants, Don West as a trial strategy consultant along with retired homicide investigators providing case analysis and focus for the cross examination of the authorities who botched the investigation. This case stands as a direct example of why CCW safe is the ONLY company who can honestly say, "CCW Safe. Backed by Experts. Backed by Insurance."

2. allenr

allenr Member

Very enlightening. Thanks for posting.

I decided not to but the offerings of NRA, USCC, and Shield because when I read the terms and conditions of those policies it was apparent that I was likelly to on the hook for a lot of money I would have to lay out before conviction of acquittal. Then there was the problem of not getting a penny if you were convicted. Carry Safe sounds good. I am going to review it policy today.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have been looking into CCW Safe for a while now.

Looks good,
    IF I go with it it will be the million dollar coverage.

$15 mo or 179.00 a year for peace of mind.

Looks good.

Just gotta take the time to get it done.

Jim

4. buster40c

I am not sure if CCW has a spouse rider or not. Something makes me think they have something like that.

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Wow Jim! Going to look into that! That's not bad at all!
    Thanks Buster for the post! Definitely looking into this now!

6. buster40c

I think I pay around $120 a year. My flood insurance cost 3x that and not near as much total payout coverage.

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Wow. That's very reasonable. I thought it would be in the thousands a year.
    Again! Thanks for the post!

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes they do.

https://ccwsafe.com/memberships

It's the Dual Membership

$279 year for the million dollar coverage.

Jim

9. allenr

allenr Member

As mentioned in my previous post I did look into CCW Safe with the same critical eye on terms and conditions that led me away from other policies. I read the terms and conditions, printed them out, and read them a half dozen more times sentence by sentence with a dictionary at hand. I was reall impressed.

I have read the terms and conditions of NRA, USCC, and Law Shield policies. You best read them carefully before buying in. Get convicted of a crime in defending yourself, you don't get paid, and you have to pay back anything they advanced. They do not cover most legal costs but only reimburse them, if you comply with the terms and conditions. There are many pitfalls in their coverage but you have to read the small print of the policy not just the advertising claims.

Today at Rugertalk.com I read about CCW Safe. It sounds great compared to the others, but I have not looked at the small print yet. I am going to do that later today.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I looked into .
    CCW Safe. It has none of the flaws of the other programs. It is not insurance based as are the others. It is a business service so no insurance company dealing through an association middleman. I am thorough about researching such things. That is why I never bought the other products. I am buying CCW Safe. Let me clear that I never heard of CCW Safe before today so obviously I have no connection to it. I will soon because I am buying the protection.

10. buster40c

I had Texas Law Shield for a few years then read about CCW Safe on a gun forum. I had bought TLS years ago because it was the best going that I found at the time. After seeing what CCW pays and what TLS didn't pay I dropped TLS and went with CCW right then. The woman at TLS even said TLS was lacking in some areas of protection. I found that with TLS I had to pay extra for things CCW had included in their coverage. CCW is even less cost than I was paying at TLS for less legal representation.
    Like Allen said, read the fine print to see what you really do or don't get.

11. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

There is another group that does the same thing. And yes they do cover all legal fees as well as find a gun rights lawyer in your area. And that group is USCCA. I've been a member for going on 4 years now and Thank G-d I've never had to call them. But their membership fees are great and they do have 3 or 4 levels of coverage as well. And you can do the membership in two ways as well. Either pay the full membership at one time or do it monthly which is how I do it. And I'm one of their Platinum Plus members and I have coverage up to now $1.1 million dollars. And they will also if you need to defend yourself for any reason or with any type of weapon. All you have to do is to call them 24/7 and they will get you a lawyer within minutes. And they also do great training videos, live training broadcasts, DVD's, and publications just to name a few of what they have to offer. And they've also got real stories of members that they've helped as well that they show online on their Facebook page as well. So you should check them out for another option. Their web site is "USCCA.com".

12. buster40c

I can only say read what they do or don't pay for and when they do or don't pay. That is the catcher between the different programs. My main reason for getting into a legal defense program is so I am not out of pocket broke from the get go to the end no matter how far the case goes or doesn't go. I didn't buy insurance, I bought legal defense and not a retainer either. I don't even want to hear I have maxed out my legal defense so tough luck.
    A friend had paid for years of premiums on a million dollar life insurance policy and he often asked is he covered for 1 million and they told him yes. What he didn't know and they didn't tell him was his 1 million policy was accidental death only. He had a heart attack and died. His spouse got zippity doodah.
    Read and understand what you get or don't get for your premium or membership. You will not get a dime more than what you signed and paid for.