Got to run my SR1911 today

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hodge, May 22, 2015.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

I haven't had any chances to put rounds through my Commander lightweight, until today.
    What a nice gun! I ran various ball, and some HP's through it, including some Tulammo that I had lying around (I don't usually buy it- someone gave it to me). Not a hiccup, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was very sad to see empty ammo boxes.
    I obviously need to spend more time with it- 70 rounds is just dipping my toe- but it is very accurate, easy to control, I liked the trigger, and it cleaned up very easily. I am very enamoured with my SR, and can't wait to get back to the range with it.
    It is definitely a keeper!

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Just gotta love a 1911. They just feel so good in the hand in so many ways.
    I am not laughing about the needing more ammo. It goes quick when you have a great gun to shoot.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a good day.

Whats not to like.:)

Jim

4. hodge

hodge New Member

No-see-ums. My range is on family property, in the middle of the woods, in a clearing, on an old homeplace. I got eat up by those stinking bugs. And they are too small to shoot.
    Next time, I'll need to go later in the day. Early morning was not an optimum time. Which reminds me- I need to check for ticks.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I know what ya mean, them ticks are bad here.

Sometimes , cant evenngo outside they're so bad.

And they cause me bad problems, when I get bit.

Jim

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Any day you can go out and shoot your Commander is a GOOD day!!!! It never fails though, you run out of rounds before you run out
    of enthusiasm and it's a sad feeling to look at those empty boxes and try to find the guy who stole them from you. Ain't no way I could have run out of rounds that fast!!! Know that feeling well. I try, and I mean try to limit myself to 100 rounds when I go to the range but I could always use more. Glad you enjoyed it!!!
    Tommy

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Get yourself some Guineas because they eat bugs all day and their favorite is ticks.