Got a b

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by conservative, Oct 6, 2017.

1. conservative

conservative New Member

Just tested out today for my class b cdl permit. If I can get my bp in range I can take the physical and start training to drive school bus.

2. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

There's lots of good things you can do with a class B. I can't pass the DOT physical, or I'd have one. Shoot, my work has bus drivers, they make over 28 bucks an hour and usually don't have to do a whole lot.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I take olive leaf extract capsule and L-Arginine tablet for my B/P and it is 110-120 over 65-75 most of the time. I have no side effects from these naturals whereas with the prescription I did have side effects so I quit taking it. I am not telling you to take these though.

There are all sorts of jobs you can get with a B class CDL. Not all require a physical either.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I'm rooting for you, conservative. Personally, I could get in all sorts of messes trying to drive a bus.

5. buster40c

I couldn't drive a school bus. The kids would drive me crazy.

6. conservative

conservative New Member

That's the part I'm most concerned about. Lol! Get a bunch of brats on there, and who knows....

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Try beet powder to lower your BP. Also, apply online at Waste Management. They pay better than a school and have excellent benefits.

8. buster40c

Yep Nick I forget about WM. They pay really good also. Most all refuse companies are hard up for drivers.
    Then again do you want to smell that stink all day and going into the dumps which really stink. LOL But they pay really good and they keep their equipment up very well also. Unlike like many small trucking companies don't do.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  9. conservative

conservative New Member

I have applied for the wm thing and haven't gotten a bite . Course it may be my lack of experience. Have to look into beet powder.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am sure that if I drove a school bus they would require me to retake taser training, which means I would get tased again, but there ain't no way I would drive school bus without a taser. I would make the little tykes look like they were break dancing if they got out of line........:cheesy:

Tommy

11. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I got my start in the transportation industry driving a 64 passenger school bus. My route was 5 hours a day, 2 1/2 in the morning and 2 1/2 in the afternoon. I also drove the activity busses. Of course back then it was a chauffeur's license. Geez, but I'm getting old.

I no longer drive, have not for nearly 18 years now, I work in the office. Safety, compliance, and human resources. I have been in transportation some 41 years. Geez, I'm really getting old :-(

It's a good career. Congrats on your CDL B's.

12. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

My brother drives a school bus. He says the kids are good, the parents are worthless. They all coddle the little brats. All the buses have hidden cameras now, so when parents say, my kid doesn't act up, he just brings out the video and humiliates the parents in front of the kid. That usually puts a stop to things real quick!

13. conservative

conservative New Member

Righto . Those cameras can also avoid lawsuits and prison sentences when a kid or parent tries to say something happened that didn't.

14. buster40c

Isn't it something that these days many school buses have cameras. I guess it got so bad they had to put cameras on them for legal reasons I guess.

15. conservative

conservative New Member

Yep !! Every body and their brother is ready to bring a lawsuit against the employer and employee if you look wrong at one of the brats.

16. conservative

conservative New Member

Just finished my physical. Passed Except that they want me to. Get a neurological exam because of the stroke/seizure I had when I was eight.