goodbye

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shadetree, Apr 4, 2013.

1. shadetree

shadetree New Member

i came here a while back to say hi from ky ,well now im here to say goodbye as long as Sturm Ruger is located in a communist state im not dealing with them or those associated with them .i will not buy their products new or used till they move . shadetree....

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I am quite positive your actions will cause this company to move! ;)

I appreciate you taking a stand with something so close to your heart, but IMHO there are better solutions than walking away from this site.

3. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I agree!
    It would be great if a company could just pack up and relocate when the political enviroment ceases to be favorable, but it just is not a good bussiness decission. When you consider the costs of moving tooling, warehousing, admin, etc. Then there are the people that will lose thier jobs regardless of thier politics.

Leave if you must, but it's not going to change anything.

4. tater

tater New Member

Don`t let the door hit ya on the way out.[​IMG]

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The Ruger company hasnt changed, the laws and ijits have.

Ruger is still Ruger, cant blame them for "the times they are a changin"

Jim

6. giturgun

giturgun New Member

I agree on the ijuts , and also on Ruger not being to blame. But I just wonder how Bill would handle this. He was a real to the bone American that believed and utilized the opportunities the nation offered to live his life to it's fullest . He in doing so passed on one of the most cherished , fun and awesome heritage to Ruger fans everywhere. I still remember the first Ruger pistol I ever saw, it was in Gate City Virginia at a surplus store. I was about 14 maby 15. I think the price was around 75.00 New. This was in early 70's. I purchased a Hi Standard 22 / 22 mag Longhorn convertible instead. I was big into Ground hog hunting and wanted the extra punch and power of the 22 mag.

I will reflect 1 true story about a 4 inch standard blue steel ruger myfather in law had. My wife and I went up to his house in the mid 80's. Her brother and dad were target shooting with the Ruger . Had a Miller pony twist top stuck on a fence post resting behind a splinter. I was just watching and after a couple of mags of shooting and missing ( they were drinking the ponys ) I finally spoke up and said looks like Ya all gonna shoot all day and never hit that. Roger was loading the mag and slapped it in the pistol handed it to me and said , OK smart __-- lets see U hit it.
    It was 1 of them moments U never ever in a million years forget. I shot 1 time and hit the top some off center , but it flipped real nice. Milton picked it up and confirmed a hole in it . Roger grabbed another top and stuck it on the post demanding I try again . Lucky shot he said. My answer ( well as I handed him back the pistol I simply said U WILL NEVER KNOW WILL U ) , when we are together even to this day that sometimes still comes up. I just smile and say U will never know will U. )
    sOo many such times are fondly remembered from my younger days. Days of shooting and hunting, sitting around camp fires and sharing stories and making new ones . Times of loading the 2 wheel trailer with our camping gear after putting up hay all day long and camping out on the Obeys creek. A lot of the family and dear friends have passed on now, but they still live in my memory. The generation before me believed and stood on the foreign battlefields for our freedoms and even the freedoms of the world.
    Some of them Homer C strong, Fred E Strong, Bayard Davis. These were ww 2 vets , they taught me hunting fishing shooting and so much more . . I t is sad we have let this great country go down hill so far in the last 40 years.

7. jrc

jrc New Member

Sorry you feel that way.

so ... got any for sale cheap? :D

Seriously ... Ruger is not to blame for state politics. Nor is anyone here. While I understand you're point, and honestly appreciate your conviction, I completely disagree with your take on the matter.

And that's ok.

8. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

I thought Ruger was in Prescott, AZ. :confused:

9. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Manufacturing is in AZ and NH the corporate offices are in CT

10. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

I believe all of the MAJOR manufacturers are corporately based in the occupied north east... So he may have a hard time finding any companies to support

11. jrc

jrc New Member

The enemy of my enemy is my friend ... regardless of geography.

12. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

Oh, OK. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

13. 00b5

00b5 Member

I totally agree it is the state, not the company, that is creating the mess. But I think it would send a message to the state if Ruger did move. Magpul has already announced they are moving out of Colorado because of the new laws that just passed there.

14. jerrysriggs

jerrysriggs New Member

Don't quote me because I don't know. But I have heard a rumor floating around that they are considering moving the corporate offices to Texas, somewhere in the Dallas area.

15. JimThornTX

JimThornTX New Member

I have read somewhere as well that MagPul was moving to Dallas. But I don't think MagPul has confirmed where they are moving to (yet).

This is a direct quote from MagPul proving that they are at least moving out of Colorado:

"And yes, we are moving. :) We've already got some magazine production ready to start outside CO."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/DefenseMK

16. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

17. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

Hate to see you go, but that's how the free market works. (BTW If you have any of those nasty COMMIE Rugers you'd like to get rid of, post some pics and prices.