Good TN law

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by phideaux, Jun 29, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Check out what my neighboring state is about to do..

Want a Gun-Free Zone? Tennessee Says That’s on You: LITERALLY
    Posted at 11:23 pm on June 28, 2016 by Jenn Jacques
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

[​IMG]
    Heading into law this Friday is Tennessee’s Senate Bill 1736, which will put into action something gun owners have been encouraging for years.
    As of July 1, if a handgun carry permit holder in Tennessee is injured, suffers bodily injury or death, incurs economic loss or expense, property damage or any other compensable loss on a property posted as a gun-free zone, they can sue the person or entity who stripped them of their right to self defense.
    SWEET!
    In layman’s terms, any permit holder injured as a result of being stripped of their right to self defense, and their handgun, in a posted gun-free zone can file a lawsuit within two years of the event as long as they meet the following requirements:

• were authorized to carry a gun at the time of the incident
    • prohibited from carrying a firearm because of a gun-free sign
    • the property owner was not required to be posted by state or federal law and posted by choice
    Can you imagine? Holding gun-free zone property accountable for injuries people sustained by being disarmed and left defenseless? Groundbreaking.
    Think this legislation belongs in your state? Call your representative today, then get your friends and community involved as well. If it has to start with one person, why shouldn’t it be you?

http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/06/28/want-a-gun-free-zone-tennessee-says-thats-on-you-literally/

Jim

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Wow, didn't EVER think I would see the day.....
    Congrats to TN.

We need that in Texas.
    There's a fancy theater in Houston my wife wants me to go to. It's a "gun free zone". Don't really want to risk it.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep all states should make this law.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Personally, and this is just MY opinion, I think posting a no gun zone is ridiculous. BG can read and they know that within the gun free zones, everyone there is a soft target. Just look at what happened in Turkey this week. Granted an airport is a different situation, however I can look all over and see all kinds of no gun zones and wonder what is going on in the owner/operators head. You are letting every BG out there know that they can go in and terrorize and nothing will happen immediately. I truly believe that we are going to see an increase in terrorism in this country and a lot more in Europe. France is wide open with their no gun laws and still have not recuperated from the terror they had over there yet politicians think that it is a deterrent to keep honest folks from having accessibility to firearms. California is going off the deep end if they elect Gavin Newsom as governor. He is the mayor of San Fran, leader of a sanctuary city, and totally against any type of firearm and wants anyone to buy ammo, having to register and then wait before you can acquire it. That is one of his priorities. How about all the folks who have lost all their possessions to wildfires and flooding? Why can't congress get their heads out of their butts and help those who really need help desperately? This country is going to hell in a handbag and the biggest fear that our country is facing right now is political correctness. I am glad I am a dinosaur because I would hate to see this country in 50 years from now. Sorry for the rant but right now I am totally frustrated!!

Tommy