Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had already posted this thread, but apparently I didn't. Here in West Central IL we have a chain of farm stores that all have a gun desk. They are very competitive on their prices so whenever we go I check guns and ammo. We stopped in today and while I was looking at ammo I found a sweet deal.
I reload for several calibers and one of them is 7.62x39. For a long time I couldn't find a good price on the brass cased ammo. That ended today. They had a new brand, at least for their store. It is Red Army Standard Elite, Imported by Century Arms Int.
I spotted it on the shelf and checked it out, $14.99 a box. The only other place around with brass cased .762x39 charges about $30 per 20 round box. So I bought 2 boxes of the Red Army ammo. Took it home and up to the gun room. It was then that I noticed, it wasn't 20 round boxes. They were 30 round boxes. Sweet! 30 round boxes of 7.62x39, brass cased, boxer primed ammo!:rayoff: I went back and bought 3 more boxes, and the kicker is this is their tax free weekend. :D

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well you were at the right place at the right time. Gotta love it when that happens.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, now I have the amount of brass I wanted for reloading if/when needed. Plus I get to shoot them first, and all at a great price. I think I'm done buying for now, gotta stay on good terms with the boss lady.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts