Good, It had Nothing to do with Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MagBlackhawk, Aug 6, 2017.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

To be fair the show had its share of dumbocrat input also.
    They sure must think they have some block buster new sitcoms coming this year. HMMM Gee how often do you let a talking bird fly away in hopes of finding another that can talk at all? Couldn't find a spot in the new year line up? How about taking half of the stupid real life shows off the air. There would be a few open spots for Last Man Standing to fill.
    I refuse to watch any late night talk shows because of all the left slanted input. HMMM Can't the networks find a new talk show host that isn't a total left leaning puppet? How about giving Tim Allen his own night talk show host position? Yeah like that would ever happen! Nah there isn't any politics involved in network programming. Now that would make a good comedy show in itself.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

How come the Fox network didn't pick up the show?

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

What ever happened to the shows that used to bring us joy and laughter? Jackie Gleason, Syd Cesar, Laugh In, Hee Haw and many more. I watch Fox news for 1 hour and it's so repetitious that I turn the channel over to the History Channel and watch their re-runs. Follywood has lost all their creative writers and same with the movie producers. The make movies that at one time were smash hits and they try to do a follow up or a later style movie to draw your attention. One example is Rooster Cogburn having Beau Bridges play Rooster Cogburn. ONLY John Wayne could put the reins in his mouth and have a rifle in one hand and a pistol in the other charging the bad guys. Our cowboys are dying off and so are the humor shows that we used to enjoy so much. It's a b**ch growing old but I sure miss the old days.

Tommy

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh how I long for the days of "The Honeymooners" and The Andy Griffith show.

Nothing being made like that anymore.:mad:

Only crap about gays and lesbians, and screwed up people and their screwed up lives , and how to live together without that stupid marriage certificate.

Indoctrinating our kids.:mad:

TV does suck.

Jim

:RantOff:

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The people portrayed in those shows are the wrong sorts of 'little people'. There may be no characters in either show that the People Who Matter believe represent people who exist(ed). That makes the shows Fantasies, but without the required ugly flying monsters.

:dunno:

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I watched season one of Ozarks on Netflix this weekend and it was good with lots of drug, money laundering and people getting shot. I just wonder why they had to add this gay love fest between an Okie and an FBI agent? That damn kissing and "ugly bumping" just turned me off so bad and it was something that had nothing to do with the plot??

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Todays shows are mostly garbage content that 30 years ago would not have been allowed to be viewed on TV. In the old days the people even had to have separate beds, no profanity, and all shows could be watched by the whole family.

I have a couple channels that show the old TV shows like Mayberry RFD, Allen and Burns original shows, the old game shows, all the westerns, and many other good shows. I really like watching those old shows.

9. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I'm currently watching Bonanza as I read this thread!

10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I tell you, REALLY COOL guys watch "The Rifleman" every Saturday morning.

OOH-RAHH!

Jim