GONE! In 40 Minutes!

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by SGW Gunsmith, Nov 7, 2020.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

This morning I made my monthly trek down to Eau Claire, WI to visit Scheel's All Sports if only to see what was available in their "experienced" gun racks. Nothing interesting, so I then went over to the ammunition shelves to see if they looked like 'Ol Mother Hubbard's Cupboard.
    One of the employees was just finishing up stocking a couple of shelves with at least 200 boxes of MAGTEC 9mm Luger hardball 115 grain, 50 round boxes at $14.99 per box with a 2-box limit per person purchase:
    [​IMG]
    I grabbed two boxes and the wife did the same and we went over to pay for the ammunition. Then we went off looking for a specific sweatshirt she was after. Once she found that, she mentioned that we should go back and get 4 more boxes. This was like 40 minutes after we were there and grabbed what we had already paid for. The two shelves were EMPTY, in 40 minutes, the shelves were cleaned out, at 2 boxes per person.
    Then I went to visit the .22 rimfire shelves and the only .22 rimfire ammunition left was ELEY Team, at $12.99 per 50 round box. so we each grabbed the same 2 box per person limit:
    [​IMG]
    I have a feeling that it's only going to get worse, before it ever gets better.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  2. jehzsa

jehzsa New Member

For memories' sake, we might get a repeat of Univermags. You know, the universe at your fingertips. Cardboard packaging, socially distanced queues, and one-of-each-each-for-all.

3. DParker

DParker Active Member

If others were also doing what you tried to do then that's not surprising.

4. SGW Gunsmith

How would you know? Were you there yesterday? Or is that just another WAG?

5. DParker

DParker Active Member

I didn't claim to "know" anything. Do you know what "if" means at the beginning of a statement?

6. SGW Gunsmith

Yes, I do know what "if" means. I also know that people with suspicious minds like you have, think everybody does the same crap that you would do >"IF"< you could.
    The FACT is, we went back after, 40 minutes, to look at what the remaining inventory involved, and >"IF"< there were still around 196, 50 round boxes still there, we might grab four more. But what you chose to look past, is the fact that there were none left after 40 minutes. What this post was all about. And YOU have no proof any of those previous buyers went back to get 2 more "each", after that.
    I needed 9 mm ammunition for the new 9 mm pistol I just bought, so I couldn't plan ahead when buying 9 mm, previously, but I surely did when I bought .22 Long Rifle ammunition over the last several years, because I have several .22's and shoot a lot of that ammunition:
    [​IMG]

It reads to me that you're just a "sour-puss" who doesn't think ahead.

7. DParker

DParker Active Member

Wow. You should strongly consider seeking help from a mental health professional.

8. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Just because someone has a stash of ammo does NOT indicate they have a disorder. What about those with millions of $ in the bank or somewhere else, or maybe some other product saved up for bad times.
    I think if someone does not think ahead for themselves and family is in desperate need of the government helping them out.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  9. DParker

DParker Active Member

My comment had nothing to do with his ammo buying. I have a larger stash than that myself...largely because I'm a reloader, and have loaded thousands of rounds that I have yet to use.

10. SGW Gunsmith

Some think it just makes them sound much better to exaggerate the 110 rounds they shoot in 5 months to stretch the amount out to "thousands and thousands" of rounds shot each week. Those are the ones who need to see a shrink for not being able to decipher reality from the truth. Maybe in their small minds they need to look "tacticool" in their anonymity, but 99 times out of 100, the attempt fails for those computer cowboys & shooters. :p

11. DParker

DParker Active Member

Who the said anything about shooting "thousands and thousands" of rounds?

12. SGW Gunsmith

None of your "effin business". Go back and sit in your corner.

13. DParker

DParker Active Member

Sheesh...you're even more unstable than I thought. That must really work well with your flagrant dishonesty.

14. SGW Gunsmith

Stop by and visit sometime. Would love to meet you.

15. DParker

DParker Active Member

LOL! Now you're picking fights over the internet? The only thing more sad than a mentally unstable bad liar is an e-tough guy.

16. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Damn! How are you going to act?
    Never mind. Answer is obvious.
    Not so fun fact:
    If you are not logged in you will see posts from people that are on your ignore list.

This forum is a waste of time...
    Mag

17. SGW Gunsmith

No seriously, I'd like to meet you.