Glow paint sights best night color

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by BlackRobeRegiment, Sep 15, 2019.

1. BlackRobeRegiment

BlackRobeRegiment New Member

What color is best to catch the eye in day and night time hours? I already have paint.

Some have darkened their rear sight with black sharpie.

2. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I asked the same question some time ago, and the answers I got were...White, being very visible in most light conditions, but my favorite is bright fluorescent Green.

3. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

I use bright yellow finger nail polish or hobby model paint like the one for model cars. The model paint works best. If you can find it, fluorescent orange or yellow. I used to find it in fishing stores for painting lures but can't find it any more. There is also the glow in the dark paint usually comes in green but can't find it either.
    Or change your sights to the XRAY3 Day/Night sights made by Sig Sauer.
    They glow constantly and they appear to be battery operated but it is just the type of material is make of.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/products/electro-optics/pistol-sights/x-ray3/

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I used the green glo paint and it is really good in low light but outside in bright light it isn't so good.
    I use a pink fluorescent paint that comes in small bottle at WalMart fabric dept. Actually it stays on the sight better than the glolight stuff did. It also is fairly cheap price at WM. The pink color shows up good in daylight also.

5. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Well, the human eye can see green better than red....the reason behind all the green lasers now, versus the red ones.

6. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

I install these "blaze orange" inserts. Seems to last much longer and are more permanent than paint:

[​IMG]