Glock 21 in .45 acp

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Finally got around to posting this. To muh to do over the holidays. I would have been reporting on a Gen 3 Glock 19 I snagged off an old guy at the gunshow on Dec 15th weekend, but it was one by Sunday. I ashoulda put the G19 up and brought it home, but I put it on the table to see if any good swaps showed up. Got the gun really good at 3 bills with box & warranty stuff. There were a lot of people wanting to swp even for G 22s, but those are the most common ones and none wanted to give much boot. Wanted something like another 1911 or suitable poly frame .45. I had a springer XD Tac .45 that was nice, but I got offered new gun price for it locally. Well, there ain't no gun shops here and only one pawn shop that usually has a bunch of Wally World plastic stock3d shotguns. Not much else.

Anyway, A guy I swap stuff with at the shows showed up with the Gen 1 G 21 right at closing time on Sunday. It was LNIB with 2 mags. He said the G19 was what he came looking for. Told him I wanted the .45, but I would need some dbot, not as much as the guys with the G22s. Told him 50 bucks to swap. we settled on 25. Gun worked great and I liked it much better than the XD Tac .45. It hd 3dot sights instead of the newer sights with the white outline on the rear sight. Otherwise, not much different than my Gen 1 G117. No finger grooves on the grip. Don't care for them much anyway. It held 13 rounds in the mag like the XD, but was shorter in the grip and just over 4" long. The XD was a full 5" long. With one more in the pipe, it is double the capacity of my 1911s. But it is @ a half inch longer than the G17 and a little thicker than the 9s or .40s. Same old Glock trigger.

aOnly had enough time to shoot one mag through it one day. Funtioned just tine with 230 gr. Fed aluminum case FMJs. Shots were well centered on a Pancho El Cheapo 15" pizza box at 20 feet. Let the guy I sold the XD Tac .45 shoot it. He wanted to swap the XD back for the G21.

Sorry, got no pics.

RL Johnson likes this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Buddy came down to shoot a couple of his guns Sunday. He brought is RAP.45 and a Ruger New Vaquero in .44 Spl. He had the Vaquero for several years, but hardly firred it. So, He got some commercial reloads at the last gunsow and we ran a few cylinders full. Ammo was about 800 FPS which was easy shooting compared to my reduced loads at 1K FPS in my old SBH. Nice looking gun. Grip felt much thinner than my old Vaquero in .44 Mag. Barrel was 4 5/8" which made it real easy to hanle. Stainless finish & fixed sights. felt much like an old Colt SAA. Sights were pretty much o.k. with that ammo. We could keep it on a 15" pizza box target at 20 feet. Shootn' the old fashioned way, with one hand.

We proceeded to shoot the Glock and RAP, bnoyh .45s. The Glock was a bit shorter, but thicker. Round count was a couple less for the Glock IIRC. He said it was much easier to rack tha slide on the Glock than the XD Tac .45 I had. T old him I had sold it to a friend who was suppose to be here to shoot with us today. He didn't like the Glock grip. The Ruger does feel better. We stayed on the pizza box targets. Glock was shooting a bit low. I had to hold the sights right on the mark to hit. Rather have it hit right above POA, but I can live with it. Guy with the XD did not show up to compare all 3.

Both guns worked well with the exception of the RAP not locking open on the last round several times with WWB ammo. He blamed it on limp wristing during one handed shooting.

3. Pancho_Villa

The G21 in .45 acp. It's big and has a big hole in ther front.

100_0012.JPG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019