Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I was on pinetrist and came across this. Thought it was pretty interesting. Anybody handle one yet? I wonder how the reliability stands up? Not the biggest Glock guy, own 2 but was taken by surprise.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It is sort of surprising Glock hadn't made a 1911 yet. Is a revolver next?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
That picture is six years old. Rumor has it that it's a hoax.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That pic has been floating around the internet for years..its a photoshop fake.

Sorry guys.

pic before photoshop.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
It is sort of surprising Glock hadn't made a 1911 yet. Is a revolver next?

But when you think about it, Glock sells a ton of guns. They don't need to sell any other type of gun because the market is already filled with quality revolvers and 1911's. They don't want to mess up their reputation with a revolver that could have problems. Look at what happened to remington, the r51 blew up in their faces. But, Glock would make a bunch of money if they came out with a functional quality 1911 or revolver. I just doubt they will ...........

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are great, I know what you guys say I can take to the bank. I look forward to learning more from you. Thanks a lot for all your input and knowledge.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
That pic has been floating around the internet for years..its a photoshop fake.

Sorry guys.

pic before photoshop.

Jim

Leave it to Jim to have the original! Lol
Um Jim????? My friend........ did you have something to do with this picture????? ;) ;) ;)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yall give me too much credit,:tiphat:

I been trying to hook up with a good , cheap, free version of photoshop,

Then I can make you guys and gals go nuts.:D

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
FAKE NEWS....Probably the Russians...and Putin.

Run & Hide...your gun could be next.

Now...awaiting a Tweet from the President Elect :rolleyes:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Too bad that it's a fake. I really like the looks of this pistol. However I must admit I am biased as I an avid fan of the 1911 platform. I guess old habits are in my bloodstream and been there for many years. If Glock ever made one, I would look at it however I don't think they have any intention of doing it. It's okay though, I have my Rugers.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I saw an ad for EAA Witness 1911 the other day. Polymer frame. EAA has been selling CZ75 clones for several years now. I consider the CZ75 to be an improvement to the 1911 - but that seems to be a minority opinion on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow I was on pinetrist and came across this. Thought it was pretty interesting. Anybody handle one yet? I wonder how the reliability stands up? Not the biggest Glock guy, own 2 but was taken by surprise.

The Glock 1911 photo strikes again, & again, & again. Who ever photoshopped that pic did a fantastic job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts