Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........replace my Hi Point 9mm pistol caliber carbine with the Ruger PC Carbine?

I like my Hi Point carbine. It has been reliable, it’s accurate. The only good reasons I can think of is:

1. Magazine compatability with my Security 9. With my American Compact Pistol if I buy the American pistol adapter. (Someone please explain to me why a Ruger sells a Ruger part as an extra when a GLOCK part is standard. I understand the popularity of the GLOCK, and that it will help sales, which is the bottom line, but come on Ruger, it’s a Ruger! Just put the American Adapter in the box!)
  2. It’s a Ruger!
Opinions folks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Magazine compatability with my Security 9. With my American Compact Pistol if I buy the American pistol adapter.
Hold off a little bit if you can, Ruger pulled down their polymer SR series the other day so perhaps in the near future they'll include the American adapter.

As far as a reason to buy one, I've even given it some thought myself. But at last I can't justify it for myself if I can't incorporate it into a self protection role beyond just a range plinker.
No doubt a fun gun at the range.

Good luck with your decision Paul.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wouldn't replace the Hi Point, just add the Ruger to it. Make the Ruger your "go-to", and the Hi Point as a back up.

·
Patriot
2,182 Posts
Give me one good reason that I should.......
.......replace my Hi Point 9mm pistol caliber carbine with the Ruger PC Carbine?

Simple, here it is...

So you can sell the Hi Point to me at a reduced used firearm price.
Like I said, simple.... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts