Give me one good reason that I should.......

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by greg_r, Jan 10, 2019.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

.........replace my Hi Point 9mm pistol caliber carbine with the Ruger PC Carbine?

I like my Hi Point carbine. It has been reliable, it’s accurate. The only good reasons I can think of is:

1. Magazine compatability with my Security 9. With my American Compact Pistol if I buy the American pistol adapter. (Someone please explain to me why a Ruger sells a Ruger part as an extra when a GLOCK part is standard. I understand the popularity of the GLOCK, and that it will help sales, which is the bottom line, but come on Ruger, it’s a Ruger! Just put the American Adapter in the box!)
    2. It’s a Ruger!
    Opinions folks!

2. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Can't think of any..........one is as good/bad as the other!

3. quirky

quirky Active Member

Hold off a little bit if you can, Ruger pulled down their polymer SR series the other day so perhaps in the near future they'll include the American adapter.

As far as a reason to buy one, I've even given it some thought myself. But at last I can't justify it for myself if I can't incorporate it into a self protection role beyond just a range plinker.
    No doubt a fun gun at the range.

Good luck with your decision Paul.

paulruger likes this.
  4. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I wouldn't replace the Hi Point, just add the Ruger to it. Make the Ruger your "go-to", and the Hi Point as a back up.

5. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I am sure that will be the final answer.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Give me one good reason that I should.......
    .......replace my Hi Point 9mm pistol caliber carbine with the Ruger PC Carbine?

Simple, here it is...

So you can sell the Hi Point to me at a reduced used firearm price.
    Like I said, simple.... :D