Galco Hi Ride for my GP100

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by TnTom, Aug 4, 2018.

1. TnTom

TnTom New Member

I spend a lot of hours outdoors just doing yard maintenance, walking with the pooch who manages to sniff out all kind of residents. Living rural I have occasional encounters with crawly critters and those with attitude so I needed something to keep my GP up high and out of the way of weedeaters, blowers, rakes, and who knows what the project might call for. This one lets me go about my business with no interference It can be strong side, weak side or cross draw. Also makes it easy to take off without having to un-belt it until I'm done for the day galco Hi ride for GP100 4 in.png Galso Hi  ride 2 piece.png

2. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Nice looking holster you've got there.

3. TnTom

TnTom New Member

I found it through Cabella's and really for a gun the size and weight of the 4" GP to have it on most of the day it has really fit's the bill. Thanks for the feedback.

4. TnTom

TnTom New Member

This one I had made by Rusty Sherrick a long time ago for SBK .44mag. I love it Ruger 3 Screw 015.jpg Ruger 3 Screw 026.jpg

5. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Nice rig there TnTom, but I like your first year 1959 Super Blackhawk better. Has it been converted with the transfer bar or is it original?

6. TnTom

TnTom New Member

Thanks Stingray. No doubt they are a breed of their own. My .357 has been around the block a few times and was involved in my nearly shooting off my big toe with a careless discharge when I was punching paper one sunny afternoon. I set the hammer down as gently as always when loading #6. I never do that any more and it does speak loudly to the safety aspect of the transfer conversion but I cant bring myself to do that. Nor do I load 6 anymore. sn 30-74xxx I believe 1970 Ruger 3 Screw 025.jpg

7. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Nice looking rig, I don't blame you for keeping it down to 5 rounds, the two tone is a nice look. I just put a new SS grip frame on my NM Blackhawk in .41. Blackhawk 41 SS Frame #2.jpg

8. TnTom

TnTom New Member

Im lovin that gun. The grips are so classic Ruger and the SS just sets that thing on fire. Ive never had the pleasure of shooting a .41 definitely never had one. Thats a keeper. I have a hard time with the NM conversion but that one is primo.

9. 0311

0311 Member

That is a nice looking revolver for sure!

10. TnTom

TnTom New Member

This is another reason I have love my Galco HiRide holster so much. I can carry it while out on the property and its never in the way and when I come in for lunch or some hydration I can slip the holster and gun from the sheath and not have to go through the unbuckling routine everytime. This guy would have nailed my Schnauzer if I hadnt been carrying it and my GP. This has been the worst summer for these critters that I can remember for the last 20 years. Gotta be watching all the time 2018-07-25 13.20.06.jpg

11. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Good thing you were packing, those things can do some serious damage to a small dog, plus it wouldn't feel to good if he hit you.