Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Ruger has discovered that a small number of Ruger-57 pistols may have right safety levers that do not meet our specifications and may be prone to cracking !

Ruger-57™ Safety Bulletin

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
12 Posts
When I read "small number" I was thinking a few thousand, but it's 126,274 pistols that "may" have this problem.

:censored:
Mine is included in the number range that could have this issue. I checked it several times and was using more force than I should have and did not experience any abnormal conditions as described in the bulletin. I filed the bulletin away with my paperwork on the gun for future reference should something happen in the future.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine is in the numbers affected. So far no problem but I will check it every time I use it and may just request a substitute part from RUGER anyway.
VERY LIKELY this broken safety lever is caused by a defective MIM (Machine Injection Moulded) part supplied to RUGER by another company. RUGER pioneered MIM in firearms back when they first made MIM actions for their RUGER 77 rifle. They are very good at MIM so that's what makes me think the safety lever(s) are from another supplier.
KIMBER is a great user of MIM and their parts fail on a unusually high rate for the industry from reports I have read. Good gunsmiths know this and will upgrade KIMBER pistols with forged and machined parts - at a significant cost to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts