FWIW: Top 5 handgun sales 2015 (Yahoo article)

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by djb383, Dec 27, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see the Kel-Tec PMR 30 the number one. I guess that high capacity of 22 magnum ammo is the reason. Taurus did sort of surprise me but I guess the PT111 being a very affordable good gun got them in the running.
    I was surprised to see a few of the big advertising gun makers weren't in the top 5. The product brand name doesn't always make the winner.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015

2. djb383

djb383 New Member

A friend of mine strongly recommended that before buying "that 1st gun", don't think about brand alone.....I should go to a gun show to see how the various models feel/fit in my hand. I really wanted a Glock so I went to the 1st Glock display I saw. Kinda disappointed in how most of the Glocks felt in my hand. Went to multiple brand display tables multiple times and ended up with a Taurus PT111 G2 9MM for my 1st gun. It just fit so good. A few months later at another gun show I was looking for a really small, light weight, deep concealable pistol. The Ruger LCP felt best to me. I now carry the LCP 99.9% of the time. Next gun show I'll definitely check out the Kel-Tec PMR 30 for a fun gun.:)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That's how I came to own my Kimber Ultra Carry II. I saw it at a gun show and liked the looks of it. Then when I picked it up it felt like it was made for my hand. I don't see ever selling it as I like it that much. It resides in my night table for unexpected guests.

4. djb383

djb383 New Member

"unexpected guests"...........LOL, that's a good one.

5. smokier

smokier New Member

With your permission, I would like to steal your tag line! I like it!

"If you can hit where you aim, caliber don't matter... If you cannot hit where you aim, caliber don't matter..."

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The Taurus is a Shied knock off.

7. djb383

djb383 New Member

Use it all u want......I've borrowed it from whomever the original author is and think it is spot on.

8. djb383

djb383 New Member

.......and I really like the fact that the 9mm G2 holds a whopping 5 more rounds than the "Shield", costs +/-$200 less, size/weight are about the same and the G2 really fits my hand well.......better than the "Shield" ;)

I'm sure the "Shield" is a fine gun.......it's just at the gun show the G2 "felt the best" for "that 1st gun" and seemed like a good logical choice.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  9. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Especially if the imitation gets it done better!

10. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

Sales are sales. No doubt about it. But I wonder how many of those sales are made by "brand envy" Kool-Aid drinkers!

11. djb383

djb383 New Member