From Florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rtm, Apr 20, 2016.

1. rtm

rtm New Member

New to this forum - thinking of purchasing Ruger SR9c for CCW, so wanted to see what the scoop was from folks that owned it. Been going through the old threads and seems to be a great gun.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time spent here with good folks.
    I have the SR40C which I carried for a year or more before I went to the LCR 357 revolver. The SR9c is imo to big for pocket carry but still small enough to hide in a holster for CC. A friend has the 9C and I got to shoot it. It is less expensive to shoot than the 40C but other than that I didn't see much difference between the 9 and the 40. The Sr40C handles the 40 snap better than other 40 cal guns I had that were $150-$250 more cost. Notice the word HAD.
    For the price of any of the Ruger SR series guns I really believe it is the best bang for the buck available. I like the trigger and feel of the gun as well as how it tames recoil very well. It is also very easy to take down for cleaning. For around $400 I don't think you can go wrong buying the SR9C.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I am sure those with a 9c will give you there experience.:)

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome to RT. Seems like Ruger makes two or three semiauto handguns for every category of use for them* - and none of them are bad-uns.#

*not counting the category of use that the Desert Eagle is in.

#I was going to say that none of them are dogs, but some folks here are dognuts.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining ,

Hope you enjoy chatting with the folks here.

Jim

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk!

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome to RUGERTALK from the South East Texas Gulf Coast.
    :welcome:
    Drag up a chair and sit a spell.
    I'm sure you'll find some SR9c shooters around these parts.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the Ruger forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here and get a chance to meet all the good people. Thanks for joining!!!

Tommy from sizzling sun of Az

9. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!
    My wife has a SR9c and loves it.
    I have put some rounds though it and would not hesitate for a moment to use it as a carry gun if I did not already have something else.
    I like how compact it is with the small magazine and also how well it handles with the larger one with a grip extension. I think it is a very well thought out design.

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Aha! Now I know why the SR40C sucked me in! It was this thread did it. Seemingly innocuous, just welcoming a new member... how was I to know?

I could blame it all on rtm, but I think he is innocent. It was jmohme and Buster.

So, rtm, watch these guys carefully, Buster in particular. My own opinions on the other hand, are gems of clarity and wisdom.

11. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Your such a goof!
    Welcome to the forum Rtm! In case you haven't already noticed we have the best members on the net here. :) One big happy family ;)
    Jump on in and enjoy!

12. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

The SR9c is good-to-go. Welcome to the forum.

13. ricepaddydaddy

ricepaddydaddy Member

Welcome from NE Florida.