Frame to barrel off set

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by prfornaro, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry New Member

I don't get this mechanical flaws business. All my guns were returned in the end with any mechanical problem corrected. Ruger has their own way of doing things. Might be best for you not to buy any more Ruger handguns.

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Or make sure to inspect them closely before purchase...

I've always had very good experience with CS when sending in Rugers for repair or to correct problems that probably should have been found by QC before the firearm was ever shipped out.
    However, I've never sent one in because of a cosmetic concern, so there is that.

3. prfornaro

prfornaro New Member

Yes, a close inspection is certainly very important. I didn't do that at all. Next time...

MagBlackhawk likes this.
  4. Stonebuster

Stonebuster New Member

Ruger said mechanical issues don't warrant replacement not that they wouldn't fix a mechanical problem. I've seen badly canted barrels on Smiths and a new Colt Cobra recently too. What Ruget calls within spec isn't necessarily what we expect out of a new gun sometimes. I read of Ruger telling an owner his .010 BC gap was within spec.

5. robmkivseries70

robmkivseries70 New Member

I just picked up a Service Six, fixed sights, 4 inch. It's very nicely put together. I recently saw a newer SP 101 where the cases really stuck when shooting .357. It was sent back and the owner reports it is now just fine.
    Best,
    Rob