Ruger Talk Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
LMB, let's face it, semi-auto subguns in civilian ownership are RANGE TOYS. I consider my FN PS90 a range toy as well as my Steyr AUG 5.56 a range toy too since I no longer compete in 3 Gun. Even my 6.5 CM RUGER Precision Rifle that i use for competition is a "range toy" in that I have fun with it at the range.

On the other hand my 9 mm RUGER LC9s is for carry and my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt and Benelli M1 12 ga. are for hunting. Do you have a 10/22? Most states don't allow semi-auto rifles of any cartridge for hunting small game. So if you own a 10/22 is it your "range toy"? And if you don't own one you are missing out on one of life's joys.
BTW, when I was an armed guard here in Las Vegas I carried my GLOCK 17 when on duty.
My above mentioned guns are "working guns", not range toys.

That said I would only get the 50 round MAGPUL drum if I get the binary trigger for the RUGER PC chassis carbine. I'll "need" it then for shits and giggles for my RANGE TOY.

And thank you "0311" for your kind words which said what I've said above but much more succinctly.
Eric B.

·
Registered
127 Posts
LMB, let's face it, semi-auto subguns in civilian ownership are RANGE TOYS. I consider my FN PS90 a range toy as well as my Steyr AUG 5.56 a range toy too since I no longer compete in 3 Gun. Even my 6.5 CM RUGER Precision Rifle that i use for competition is a "range toy" in that I have fun with it at the range.

On the other hand my 9 mm RUGER LC9s is for carry and my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt and Benelli M1 12 ga. are for hunting. Do you have a 10/22? Most states don't allow semi-auto rifles of any cartridge for hunting small game. So if you own a 10/22 is it your "range toy"? And if you don't own one you are missing out on one of life's joys.
BTW, when I was an armed guard here in Las Vegas I carried my GLOCK 17 when on duty.
My above mentioned guns are "working guns", not range toys.

That said I would only get the 50 round MAGPUL drum if I get the binary trigger for the RUGER PC chassis carbine. I'll "need" it then for shits and giggles for my RANGE TOY.

And thank you "0311" for your kind words which said what I've said above but much more succinctly.
Eric B.
:cool:
I agree, and also have my range toys! Yes, I have 10/22's three classic originals, carbine, sporter, mannlicher. Have owned many variations over the years. Fun to "play" with & build etc. Since I am 71 I tend to use 22's a lot because I am not a fan of recoil, though the .223/5.56 & 7.62x39 are not "kickers", but ammo costs are high. I have many specific firearms designed for a specific purpose. Like many people, I was into all the different genre over the years, including LR shooting, using a custom Rem Police, in .308 & another in .223, built by Badger, with all the bells & whistles. Then there are the AR's/Ak's etc., Lever guns, Bolt actions, etc etc. I own Ruger PC carbines and CZ Scorpions, Keltec Sub2000 ,but sometimes I wonder why? Must of had a Senior moment or something, because other than burning through ammo at the range or self defense, they are not very useful. I worked at SGC for many years and we were required to qualify ea. yr with Phoenix PD protocol. I used tricked out Glock 19's for carry. I have 1911,s CZ 75 etc, Single Action Rugers, but the Glocks got the job done. These days I am more likely to have my Glock 42's on me then anything else. Though I have other small pistols like J frames, Shields, a Ruger LCP II in 22.LR. Times change. Now I spend most of my range time shooting pistols enough to be safe & accurate within 25 yds or less, mostly less. I use the many different .22lr's I have for most of my shooting. I find it just as enjoyable as anything else. Enjoy shooting, and stay safe!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can you list the parts you ordered any pictures to share?
This is something I'm considering doing on mine.

Thanks
I use a MidWest Forearm and stock module. Bothe have QD attachment points, and the forearm provides plenty of MLok mounting Motor vehicle Toy Air gun Machine gun Tank
Toy Machine gun Motor vehicle Air gun Trigger
Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory
. I use Streamlight tactical lights, and a Magpul 21 mag. It holds all the rds I need without getting in the way. I use Holosuns on most of my firearms with QD mts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: The folding stock works perfectly! I set it up to fold left and clear the ejection port. Now I'm looking for a folding charging handle to clear the folded stock. IDEAS?
I'm getting an RMR type riser for my HOLOSUN 509T circle/dot fully enclosed sight but I've already added MAGPUL MBUS front and rear backup sights and front and pistol grip handle, M*CARBO bolt buffer pad, mag release button and extractor. Now I have a very reliable PCC that is even more reliable.
Can you share pictures of this set up? Links to the parts to order?

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here's thePC with the Midwest Industries folding "knuckle" on a buffer tube with the original MAGPUL MOE stock. Everything fits very well.
The sights are MAGPUL MBUS folding sights and a HOLOSUN AEMS circle/dot sight which I feel is ideal for carbines.
I have all theM*CARBO upgrades and a MAGPUL angled forearm grip, K2 pistol grip and QD 2 way sling.
Not in this photo is a TACCOM machined Delrin mag well flared extension and a MAGPUL 1/4" high cheek piece which is perfect to align my eye with the formerly a-bit-too-high sights. Fast and easy compared to hunting for a new sight base, installing it and re-zeroing.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Machine gun

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Das Hugh and all,
I got the MAGPUL drum mag for PCCs. BUT... its "tower" was too short for my PC's mag well B/C I had added a TACCOM solid Delrin flared mag well extension so I sent it back. I'd have to get the drum mag for Glock pistols IF I still wanted one, which I don't.
Das Hygh, you were right, drum mags are a PITA to carry and bulky as hell. I now have 5 GLOCK 33 round "happy sticks" and 4 High Speed Gear extended mag pouches. All set for Steel Challenge competition and a zombie apocalypse.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts