Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this board.... I live around the Prescott, Az area... I was ecstatic when I heard Ruger was coming to town many many years ago.... I'm a retired Trucker... I'm heavy into Harleys - Owned and ridden HD's for about 35 years.... Widower.... Main Love of my life, excluding Family is my little Jack Russel/Beagle named DILLIGAF (Dilli for short)..... I have a few Rugers but my favorite is my 9 1/2" SRH stainless....

Looking to glean some information and trying to keep up with all the new guns... I'm BIG on our 2nd.... Molon Labe..

Thanks for having me...

44Dan

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we have quite a few members from the hot skillet known as AZ. I live in the other hot skillet, TX.
Dillagaf eh! I guess the Jack has an attitude. lol
Yep if it wasn't for the 2nd this country would have been done a long time ago. I am afraid the 2nd might get used before long. The second isn't about being allowed to have guns for just another hobby or collection piece either.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk.

Thanks for the introduction.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome.

An old ex-coworker of mine retired to the Prescott area. Vietnam bush Marine whose war stories mostly involved establishments he visited on R&R. "Let the good times roll".

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Zonie. I live in the Mesa area. You are up in the cool area and I sure envy you. Welcome to the forum. We always enjoy when we get a new member especially from the land of the frying sun.

Tommy-Az

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas near Houston.
I've been to and around the Prescott area when I lived in Phoenix, loved it up there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the Welcomes..... It's always nice to find a friendly Board nowadays...... There's more knowledge at this site than what I have found elsewhere..... The name comes from shooting/reloading the 44 Mag when I was 16... I was considered proficient by my group when I would make one of those "lucky" long distant shots that would amaze so the name stuck... I shot silhouette (non-professional) during those early years... I still practice out to 250yds regularly - AND NO I don't hit my target every time LMAO !!.... Nowadays I feel good to get real close..

Just a tid-bit of info regarding the "Skillet" thing --- The high temps can destroy anything you leave in car in places hike Parker, Lake Havasu and Phoenix (Parker usually the hottest).... Being in central Az at around a mile high in elevation our temps tend to be very tolerable, 100* days are few and the high temp doesn't last that long....When we are having a 100 - 102 degree day we'll jump in the cage and head up to Flagstaff for a few hours.... 115* in Phx = 85*/90* in Flag plus you can take a short scenic ride for a trip on the Ski Lift... Up on top it will be between 55*/60* with a breeze... We're located to where in an hour and 15 minute drive either direction we can be in a warm place outdoors on the coldest day or we can drive north on the hottest day and get chilly needing a light jacket....

Thanks again for the warm welcome and we'll be seeing you around...

44Dan

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
250 yards! Wow! Do you have pictures of that redhawk?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I would be taking a lot of drives up into the mountains, that's for sure.
Yep 250 yards out and ringing the gong is mighty good shooting.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
In order to hit at 250 ..... I need a rifle AND sandbags. LOL

Hey buster, we're living in the wrong part of the country.
If I could swing it I'd be up there near your area Right Now Dan!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Howdy from KY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts