Fng

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 44Dan, Sep 3, 2016.

1. 44Dan

44Dan New Member

New to this board.... I live around the Prescott, Az area... I was ecstatic when I heard Ruger was coming to town many many years ago.... I'm a retired Trucker... I'm heavy into Harleys - Owned and ridden HD's for about 35 years.... Widower.... Main Love of my life, excluding Family is my little Jack Russel/Beagle named DILLIGAF (Dilli for short)..... I have a few Rugers but my favorite is my 9 1/2" SRH stainless....

Looking to glean some information and trying to keep up with all the new guns... I'm BIG on our 2nd.... Molon Labe..

Thanks for having me...

44Dan

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and we have quite a few members from the hot skillet known as AZ. I live in the other hot skillet, TX.
    Dillagaf eh! I guess the Jack has an attitude. lol
    Yep if it wasn't for the 2nd this country would have been done a long time ago. I am afraid the 2nd might get used before long. The second isn't about being allowed to have guns for just another hobby or collection piece either.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk.

Thanks for the introduction.

Jim

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome.

An old ex-coworker of mine retired to the Prescott area. Vietnam bush Marine whose war stories mostly involved establishments he visited on R&R. "Let the good times roll".

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to a fellow Zonie. I live in the Mesa area. You are up in the cool area and I sure envy you. Welcome to the forum. We always enjoy when we get a new member especially from the land of the frying sun.

Tommy-Az

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

You had me at the .44 part....

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum! We're happy you've joined us!
    Jump on in and enjoy!

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas near Houston.
    I've been to and around the Prescott area when I lived in Phoenix, loved it up there.

11. 44Dan

44Dan New Member

Thanks for all of the Welcomes..... It's always nice to find a friendly Board nowadays...... There's more knowledge at this site than what I have found elsewhere..... The name comes from shooting/reloading the 44 Mag when I was 16... I was considered proficient by my group when I would make one of those "lucky" long distant shots that would amaze so the name stuck... I shot silhouette (non-professional) during those early years... I still practice out to 250yds regularly - AND NO I don't hit my target every time LMAO !!.... Nowadays I feel good to get real close..

Just a tid-bit of info regarding the "Skillet" thing --- The high temps can destroy anything you leave in car in places hike Parker, Lake Havasu and Phoenix (Parker usually the hottest).... Being in central Az at around a mile high in elevation our temps tend to be very tolerable, 100* days are few and the high temp doesn't last that long....When we are having a 100 - 102 degree day we'll jump in the cage and head up to Flagstaff for a few hours.... 115* in Phx = 85*/90* in Flag plus you can take a short scenic ride for a trip on the Ski Lift... Up on top it will be between 55*/60* with a breeze... We're located to where in an hour and 15 minute drive either direction we can be in a warm place outdoors on the coldest day or we can drive north on the hottest day and get chilly needing a light jacket....

Thanks again for the warm welcome and we'll be seeing you around...

44Dan

12. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

250 yards! Wow! Do you have pictures of that redhawk?

13. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would be taking a lot of drives up into the mountains, that's for sure.
    Yep 250 yards out and ringing the gong is mighty good shooting.

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

In order to hit at 250 ..... I need a rifle AND sandbags. LOL

Hey buster, we're living in the wrong part of the country.
    If I could swing it I'd be up there near your area Right Now Dan!

15. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

16. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member