Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to taking some pics of the job I did last week to prevent my driveway from flooding at the entrance to my place.

The entrance....

The folks north of me have been clearing hundreds of acres of land to make it farmable,
and all that run off is too much for the original culvert I put in 17 years ago.
That is the original culvert on the left, we opened the creek , at this point ,to flow into the new culvert on the right also. Hope this will now handle tha water.
Entrance to culverts from the north...

Exit to South side of culverts..

I also built a levee along the side of the creek to keep it in ....just in case we get more than the 2 culverts can handle.

I been working the past 2 days smoothing, seeding the levee.

I sure hope my driveway problems are solved.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Water can really do some damage. I am surprised the gully was dry as much rain as you have been having.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah , I guess the heat here dries things up quickly.

You cant see it but there is a little water running , and areas where there is water, a foot or so deep.

It gets dry here really quick when the sun is like a torch.

My pond is still running out the spillway,
we got 1 1/2" over the weekend.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My nickname aint "studly" for nothing....

:rayoff:

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made your day ...huh ...Tommy.

How many old guys you know could go spend 4 days on a second honeymoon, then come home and work like a dog for 2 days ?
Just to come back down to earth.?:rayoff:

:yahoo:

Jim

·
Registered
992 Posts
Now you'll probably have to keep clearing the silt out of them...I had a ton of trouble with that after I "reconfigured" the ditch at my acreage.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now you'll probably have to keep clearing the silt out of them...I had a ton of trouble with that after I "reconfigured" the ditch at my acreage.
I thought about that, and had the neighbor spend a few extra hours all the way up that creek with the backhoe , clean out all the debri in the creek,
so I've got my fingers crossed.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just tells a seasoned old guy that you didn't put out enough on the first leg of this week's journey. :eek:
The first leg of this weeks journey was just an appetizer, to this old dude. :rolleyes::cool:

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts