Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
The Young Gun
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea I wasn't planning on buying one just yet but it was a great deal. But now I'm doing research and am really excited for it

·
The Young Gun
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been watching some. Building the lower shouldn't be a problem. I think I can manage it

·
The Young Gun
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh man I almost forgot lol. I need to take the time to type out what all I did. But here is a quick update. So I started with a Palmetto state lower and parts kit. I had zero experience with ARs. However I found it very simple to put together. All you need is a set of punches, and a non marring hammer. Most of the pins were very simple to install. The one I seemed to have the most trouble with was for the trigger guard. But eventually everything went together just fine. I was amazed at how simple building the lower actually is. Here is a pic of what I have so far. I have ordered a buffer tube but still no stock yet

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Looks very good. ... It's something to be proud of for sure ... I can't wait to join you in a build if I ever get my lower

·
The Young Gun
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You will get it. Mine is gonna be a long process. But like you said it will be something I'm very proud of

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have rebuilt motors, built a Banshee, completely dissembled sleds and put back together adding my own finishing touches, Builts drag sleds, "carb guy" in the neighborhood and tuned in clutching on a sled...but I have never built an AR. I really want to one day and hope to in the future. Keep us updated on the build.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I have rebuilt motors, built a Banshee, completely dissembled sleds and put back together adding my own finishing touches, Builts drag sleds, "carb guy" in the neighborhood and tuned in clutching on a sled...but I have never built an AR. I really want to one day and hope to in the future. Keep us updated on the build.
Why not just join in and build one ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just watch some you tube videos and the big will start biting

You know, if I keep coming on here and reading this my wife isnt going to be to happy with me ;):D...Yes Youtube is a great tool. I dont even know if I want something that will reach out and touch something - like a .308 with tri-pod, with a 6x40 scope, 20" SS barrrel or something for more close range like home defense - red dot sight, short barrel, quick/smooth trigger pull, green laser???????

SO many options, so much to choose from???????? Now I know how little girls feel in the Barbie isle looking at accessories :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
My first one I'm buying is gonna be the rock river car 4. Then I'm just adding accessories

Since uppers seem to be sold out almost every where. I'm gonna wait a few months and build me a spikes are palmetto state

21 - 39 of 39 Posts