Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. First time here for me .just got my first ruger ,sp101 357 magnum with the 3 inch barrel. Cant wait for some range time. What a beutiful firearm.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
mikel welcome to the forum and as customary for newcomers we ask that you go to introductions section and introduce yourself. This way other members can welcome you into the family.
As you see other members already want to interact about guns with you. Oh and we love pics. Yes the SP101 is purdy great gun for sure. You will love it even more by using nickndfl's trigger information.
Buster

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes , and a welcome from western Pa. too.

I have a 4" Sp . One of the newer ones , .357 . I did swap springs , and "cleaned" up the insides some ....really made a difference. I also bought a different grip. Went with a Hogue wood , finger groove. That made a difference also. Good luck. Oh and BTW ...with full house .357s , its handful. I've been loading 125 gr XTPs to .38 sp. ++P loads. ( little over 1000 fps ) They handle very nicely , easier to shoot , and I think will still do the job if needed.

regards , brushunter

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes , and a welcome from western Pa. too.

I have a 4" Sp . One of the newer ones , .357 . I did swap springs , and "cleaned" up the insides some ....really made a difference. I also bought a different grip. Went with a Hogue wood , finger groove. That made a difference also. Good luck. Oh and BTW ...with full house .357s , its handful. I've been loading 125 gr XTPs to .38 sp. ++P loads. ( little over 1000 fps ) They handle very nicely , easier to shoot , and I think will still do the job if needed.

regards , brushunter
I load 158 grain lead semi wadcutters over 5.8 gr of Unique for target shooting in 357. About 900-925 fps.....Accurate and easy recoil.

I see no reason for 38 Spl when reloading as costs are the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts