Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned many handguns over the years and have always just pretty much been "combat accurate". I rarely get the chance to shoot for practice, so there's really no shooting groups for me.....until 2 days ago.

I love Ruger products and own several. I have never owned a 1911 and usually avoid them because of the weight for carrying and the grip size not agreeing with my short, chubby hands. I was reading about the SR 1911 LW CMD model and thought I would take a look at one. I loved the feel and the price, especially since I got the LEO price for being a paramedic. So I bought it of course and took it to the indoor range at the store. I put up one of the targets that has all the areas marked off to show you why you're hitting where you are, be it a grip issue or anticipation of recoil, etc, etc. Well to make a long story short, at 7 yards I hit none of those areas and in fact cut the bullseye out with my first 2 mags. The rest of the range adventure went very well too even quite a bit further out.

Bottom line, I love my new Ruger SR 1911 LW CMD ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1447446631.508375.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I moved your first post to introductions for you. Now members can welcome you to the forum and get you off to a good start on the forum.
Let us know where you are from as there might be one of your neighbors here to share with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. I moved your first post to introductions for you. Now members can welcome you to the forum and get you off to a good start on the forum.

Let us know where you are from as there might be one of your neighbors here to share with.

Thank you sir. I am from Chillicothe, OH.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am a Buckeye also from N. Canton, OH but transplanted to TX in 1980.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
Lots of 1911 fans on this forum. I've never owned a 'real' 1911 but I have shot a few.
A 1911 is high on my very long someday I'll get one list. I love the way they are easy to shoot and hit with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts