First 10/22 Build

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by apeek, May 15, 2014.

1. apeek

apeek New Member

I picked up my new 1103 Carbine last night - excited!

I ordered five KIDD components yesterday: 1) Single Stage Trigger, 2) Bolt, 3) Cocking Assembly, 4) Bolt Buffer, and 5) an extra Take Down Screw. Actually I don't think the bolt will ship until May 30th.

Components I still have to purchase:

I think I'm settled on purchasing a 18.5" WhistlePig AccuLite .920 Barrel in Black Matte & Hogue Nylon .920 OverMolded stock (I like the rubber stock but I've heard it may effect accuracy).

I've not decided on optics yet. This rifle will be for plinking around the ranch and ground squirrel abatement.

Any suggestions/input on the build?

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

For just a "plinking around the ranch and ground squirrel abatement" build, I think some of the choices already made are a bit overdone. With nearly 20 builds under the belt, I'm a firm believer that you build the gun, choosing the components for the purpose and not just to say you spent $$$ or to say you have brand X for a specific component. Also always been one to keep the components on a consistent level too as an A level trigger doesn't compensate for a B level barrel, etc.
    You'll be well served with the choices though. As for the Whistle Pig barrel... have 3 or 4 currently and will have 2 more on order quite soon. That should say something. ;)