Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to Dillon's and have my Square D reloader adjusted and happened to look at their shelves, since they are remodeling and noticed that they FINALLY had some powder on the shelves. I could have fainted!
Most of the powder for pistols were 1lbs. cans but they did have a 4lbs. can of Titegroup. Even though I have 7lbs. of Bullseye, and 2+ lbs. of Power Pistol, I couldn't resist and bought a 1lbs. can of W231. Cost was $24.00 plus tax. When I got back I loaded some .45 cal. Berry 230grn. RN and used 5.5 of W-231. I haven't had any for so long that I am anxious to head to the range this coming week end. It has been a very, very long dry spell since we have been able to buy powder (other than shotgun and rifle) in Az. I hate to sound like a hoarder, but I know that the creek don't always rise and we could be headed for a drought again if Hildebeast gets into office.

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I'm happy for you Tommy.

Maybe you should go back and grab a few more for that drought.:cool:

Jim

·
Reloader54
63 Posts
I live in AZ. And I found powder for pistols at Bruno's shooting supply. And this was about a year ago. And they did have a far supply of powders for pistols. But they did not have W231. So I got 3 lbs. of Unique which I've use in the past. I now have enough powder to last me for a few years. I just need to start reloading ammo and stop buying it.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff,

I was doing the same thing when powder was hard to get. You do what you have to do when powder runs dry and can't be purchased. I was spending way over my budget just to get something to shoot. And the retailers knew that they were going to make a killing on ammo prices. They are just as ruthless as the oil companies. They just keep saying supply and demand. I don't want to be a hoarder however we both know ammo can dry up in Az in a hurry so it's best to stock up when you can. Good luck buddy!

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Don't forget Beans and Rice,

You cant eat powder/ammo.;):)

Might get hungry before ya get some meat on the table with it.;):eek:

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts