Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the day I bought it my SR1911 LW shoots high @25-35 feet which has driven me nuts. I have not tried to see what would happen at a longer distance as my eyes aren't much good past that distance and most fire fights are going to be within that distance range. I finally took my dremell and filed the sights down 5-6 thousands and gave it a try. Today at the range, it hits POA which I have been striving after. Prior to this though, I ordered a front sight from Brownell's who stock Ruger front sights and it only cost me $5.95. I figured it I screwed up I would have to have a back up sight just in case. Better be safe than sorry. Prior to this I tried to order a sight from Ruger and they didn't have any to sell retail wise. That part really surprised me. The only sights they carry on hand, or so I was told, was the ones that are committed to the guns they are manufacturing.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well the outcome is what you wanted so there ya go.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Yeah, Ruger is covered up with work. (Probably ALL gun makers are).
I asked about having a 9mm cylinder made for my .357 Blackhawk. They said no elective work is done at this time......

Oh BTW, ... Way to go! Just do it yourself. Would you like to make a 9mm cyl for my Blackhawk?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You mean Ruger is selling everything they manufacture? I know I'm doing my part! Went into LGS and saw a beautiful 10/22 take down that's on Talo's site

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean Ruger is selling everything they manufacture? I know I'm doing my part! Went into LGS and saw a beautiful 10/22 take down that's on Talo's site

It sure sounded that way to me when I talked to the gal up in Prescott where they are made. She gave me the dimensions of the sight, I measured my sights and decided to go from there to try and decide on how much to take off. There was nothing scientific about it. It was a SWAG (scientific wild A** guess) I know this, Ruger and Smith & Wesson stock is on the rise from what I see on the news so evidently they are having a good year.

Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts