Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 500 Round Brick of the New Federal Punch ammo I want to try this in my Ruger LCP .22 , my Ruger Wrangler , my Ruger 10/22 to see if it performs well as the 1435 FPS CCI 40 grain Velocitor copper plated hollow point on Wild Boar & Coyotes thus Far the 1435 fps loadings of Browning & Winchester of the same loading all have performed successfully out to 100 yards with one shot delivered to the head.

FEDERAL PUNCH
Self-defense isn't one size fits all. Punch™ 22 LR from Federal Premium® uses a first-of-its-kind nickel-plated lead-core bullet pushed at maximum velocities to achieve the deepest penetration through short-barrel handguns. So, whether you want to carry a 22 LR pistol as a backup gun, don't feel comfortable with centerfire pistols, or simply want to get more versatility from your rimfire, Punch makes the 22 LR cartridge a viable choice for the first time ever.
  • Maximum velocity for energy and penetration; 1,070 fps through 2-inch barrel handguns, 1,650 fps out of 24-inch rifle barrels
  • 29-grain nickel-plated lead-core bullet
  • Projectile profile and composition optimized for the deepest penetration through short-barrel handguns
  • Rigorous function testing ensures reliability
  • Nickel-plated case for ease of extraction and corrosion resistance
  • 50-count boxes
Buy Personal Defense Punch Rimfire for USD 10.99 | Federal Ammunition

CCI Velocitor

Shoot flatter and hit distant small game harder with CCI® Velocitor® HP loads. They're 200 fps faster than 22 Long Rifle high-velocity loads of the same bullet weight and provide excellent weight retention, downrange energy and penetration.
  • Excellent weight retention
  • Impressive downrange energy
  • Deep penetration
  • 200 fps faster than Long Rifle High Velocity
SPECS
Caliber22 LR
Bullet Weight40
Bullet StyleCopper Plated Hollow Point
Muzzle Velocity1435
Ballistic Coefficient.125
Package Quantity50
UsageSmall Game

Buy Velocitor HP for USD 9.99 | CCI

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Velicitor is king of the hill as far as I'm concerned
It is some of the hardest hitting deepest penetrating ammo out there along with the Winchester & Browning offerings of the same velocity of 1435 fps .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts