Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man ,I like like so many of them old western gunfighters, good guys, lawmen, , its hard to say who is my favorite , Lone Ranger, Paladin, Roy Rogers, Matt Dillon, etc,etc....

Favorite all time...gotta be Josey Wales.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Clint Eastwood is my favorite western actor.Like all his movies,even the non westerns. "Go ahead,make my day punk" :D.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tater,
Gotta say the Duke is so close in second place for me.
I could be persuaded to go either way,
Man, he has a ton of movies.

AAAhhh , but Josey....he da man.:D

Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gotta love ol' Josey Wales. That is definitely one of my favorite westerns ever.

For that matter, it's one of my favorite movies, period.

"Tricked 'em again, didn't we, Josey?" :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Missouri boat ride!!
I like them both...

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it have to be a western western? I like Jain from Firefly quite a bit.
It can be Eastern Southern Northern Western, what the heck.;)

Jim

·
Registered
251 Posts
in the movies it's the "DUKE" all the way.

Real life James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Speaking of Josey Wales...

My sister-in-law just loves those stupid "Twilight" movies...so I couldn't resist sending her this:

:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
My favorite DUKE western "The Searchers" Non western "the Quiet Man" Least favorite Dont remember the name of flick but he played Genghis Khan or Atilla the Hun... it was just plain stupid.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shane could also be up there in the top of my list..

Jim

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dale Robertson
Jim Hardie
Tales of Wells Fargo

And, of course, "The Duke"

Robertson entered the U.S. Army during World War II. After stateside training he served as a tank commander in the 777th Tank Battalion in the North African campaign. He was standing in the hatch when his tank was hit by enemy fire. His tank crew were killed, but he was blown out of the hatch and survived with shrapnel wounds to his lower legs, the scars of which he still bears. Fully recovered, he went on to serve with the 322nd Combat Engineer Battalion during the European campaign. He was wounded a second time, this one in the right knee during a mortar attack. Again he made a complete recovery.

Date of Death

27 February 2013, San Diego, California, USA (complications from lung cancer and pneumonia)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts