There isn't a car made that I like.
Pickups and some vans I like.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
My fat arse and bad knees won't allow me to enjoy them small mini-muscle cars.

My favorite was the '66 Chevelle SS with the big block. Now I drive an old man's Lexus SUV. Zoom-Zoom!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I regularly drive 10 hours or more for work. The low slung sports cars just don't cut it for long drives. I've got a Buick Lesabre that makes long drives feel like sitting in your La-Z-Boy at home. No, it ain't nothing special, but I'm gonna cry when it gives up the ghost. I don't think anybody makes a car like it anymore.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I guess that question the favorites would have to be divided into a few categories of cars.
Muscle car- 1970 Z-28 4spd 350cu 370hp.
Touring - 1985 Olds 98 loaded plush and gas miser to boot.
Sports car- 1989 Corvette roadster.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I am finally down to 3 cars from 6. I have 2 Model A Fords, one is a 1930 pick-up and the other is a 1930 Ford Deluxe coupe w/rumbleseat. The last car which I did some trading on is a 1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier which is all original w/92k miles. The only features this car doesn't have is the adjustable lumbar and the CB radio hook-up which was a $110.00 option. With a 400 motor gas mileage isn't the best (about 14-15 highway) and I never checked it in town. I got it from an 80 yr. old man who decided to quit driving. I can honestly say, it will be my last car that I buy. After 50 yrs. of building hot rods, race cars and restorations, I am tired of working on cars. What used to be fun is now work. I had my share of muscle cars and for a long time I was a Mopar nut but that is all over. I get in the Lincoln and set the cruise @65 and sit back and relax. Best of all, my back doesn't hurt getting in and out of a car for the first time in almost 8 years.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^^ I agree my working on cars isn't so much fun anymore. That's why I sold the cars and got into guns.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
My favorite ride from 1979... ( Had this baby garage kept for every year of the 25 I owned her...)

Camaro Z28 4-speed / Small-Block V8 350 / Rochester M4MC 4-barrel; dual exhaust

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
You traded the shelby for what now? How could you?
Let me stack them.
Before the Shelby.

2006 300C SRT

2009 Challenger SRT

2010 Charger SRT

Then the Shelby and did a complete 180 and traded it in May 2015 title for title at the dealership for a 2015 Lincoln MKZ 4 cyl turbo. :duck:
33mpg and a comfortable ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts