Favorite and Least Favorite Up Grades

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by azhkr, Mar 27, 2013.

1. azhkr

azhkr New Member

Would like to know what your experiences with up grades are. From trigger groups to scopes to slings, all things 10/22. Best and worst places to get up grades.

azhkr

2. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

Two best are my Blackmax trigger and Extended Mag release from Tactical solutions.Least favorite.. muzzle Break:eek:

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

auto bolt release from volquartsen, best upgrade.
    No bad or disliked upgrades to this point.

Jim

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Triggers: I've used VQ, PC and Kidd do-it-yourself kits, reworks by TT Shooter and full assemblies by VQ and Jard. For the DIY, the Kidd beats all the rest as well as the full VQ kit.

Barrels: Green Mt, ER Shaw,and Whistle Pig all have been used here. A Kidd and another Green Mt are awaiting the rest of their components for their respective builds. I really like the Whistle Pg for their performance, their finishes and their great customer service.

Optics: Nikon, Mueller and Burris. As a bare minimum it's Mueller. Bushnell and Simmons just aren't close to what they used to be and BSA...wouldn't take the gift of one of them again.

Personally, unless you've tried a number of choices, there's no reasonable "this is the best".

5. azhkr

azhkr New Member

Thanks guys for the in put, Kidd DIY seems like the trigger in my research.

Thom

6. JimA

JimA Member

The Kidd drop in trigger job makes a world of difference. I also really like the auto bolt release. Great improvements for little money.