fatality rates down..ER visits up

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jan 6, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I read today that states allowing recreational use of weed have experienced lower vehicle fatality rates. I had to laugh. Driving at 35 MPH does have less chances of fatality accidents. Some will not get this but others will.

I also read that these states also have higher instances of emergency room visits due to people coming in with uncontrollable vomiting and breathing problems. This makes me really wonder what is in the weed these people are smoking?

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That's pretty funny .

I've never smoked pot, probably never will. I don't think it's legal in idaho, I know it is in Washington where I just moved from.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I'm pretty well convinced that pot is about as unhealthy as tobacco. Before I arrived at that conclusion, I noted some alarming effects while driving in hill country. In daylight even.

4. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I know someone that got pulled over for doing 7 mph. ;) :eek:

5. buster40c

Twenty years ago when I was still smoking cigarettes I had a job that didn't allow smoking inside the building. So I wore the strongest nicotine patch. On my break I went outside and lit up a cigarette. I mean to tell you I never had such a buzz from smoking weed. BTW my weed smoking days ended about thirty years ago and even then it was an occasional party thing.

I guarantee that nicotine overdose was very vivid. Nobody can tell me nicotine is not a drug.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I guess that when you buy Betty Crocker's brownie mix you had better check the labels to make sure they don't have any pot in them. I think Girl Scout cookies are ok though!!!!:puker::sarcasm:
    Tommy

7. uscg721

uscg721 New Member

Zucchini bread 70's child here but I did not inhale

8. buster40c

I know that seemed really funny but I actually knew a person that didn't inhale. She didn't know she was supposed to.

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I don't want people smoking that stuff then driving!
    They might be going 35 in the fast lane when I'm coming up running 90 on my rocket bike!!!
    :cryinglaugh:

Disclaimer: I never exceed the speed limit on my bike that will indicate 164 MPH on the speedo.

10. uscg721

uscg721 New Member

I did not have sexual relations with that woman

11. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Driving while stoned is difficult for many people. I couldn't do it well enough to consider it a regular occurrence back in the day. The paranoia of being pulled over was too much not to mention lack of concentration.

I don't need those headaches for anything. I haven't smoked anything since the early 1980s. And for all of the stoners who believe pot cures everything, if that were true George Carlin would still be alive telling jokes.

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Quote from Buster:
    Buster, are you leg yanking or was that gal named Monica Lewinski?

Tommy

13. buster40c

True story.
    I had her inhale a cigarette and she got so buzzed and then sick. So I have to say maybe Bill was telling the truth. But I doubt it.