facebook comment

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jeeper1, Nov 5, 2015.

1. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

Being popular on Facebook is like sitting at the cool table in the cafeteria at a mental hospital.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep,

Spill your guts,about everything you do,
    then everybody is in awe of ya
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jim

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

What is this Facebook you speak of?

4. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

It's a place for people to go. to get recognition for being a nobody and a nothing.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I call it facecrap.

6. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

So like the benefits review department at the VA. Got it.

7. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

Really, you didn't know about Facebook?:dizzy:

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Probably never heard of Twitter either.:D

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have heard of twitter. That's the little bird that Sylvester the cat is always chasing around in the old days of good cartoons. Don't feel bad Squirrel, my wife is on facebook and for the life of me, I don't understand why. If you want the whole world to know what you are doing in life, go on facebook. It's worse than 10 women trying to relate the same exact story starting at #1 and have it be the same with #10.

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe that was Tweety. ;)

11. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

Here are their employees if that is any consolation......

Attached Files:

12. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

:eek: I can't believe I'm still living right after this... Man, where have you been...? You don't even know what Twitter is.
    :jawdrop:

13. hodge

hodge New Member

Isn't he the guy that sang country music? Conway Tweety?

Facebook isn't the problem- it's the user. I happen to like it, for a couple of reasons.
    1) I know people from all over the world. I have caught up with friends that I had lost contact with, and I can communicate frequently and cheaply. It is a valuable tool.
    2) I am a youth pastor, so I have a closed page for our youth group. There is absolutely no quicker and better way to update, stay in touch, reach, send links, and encourage my youth and their parents. It works great.
    3) I can communicate with people on my terms, instead of untimely phone calls. You know- when someone calls as soon as you hit the head, or dinner is on the table, or your arms are full? Message me, and I will answer back when I am prepared to. I'm not antisocial, but I do like to communicate when I am ready, prepared, and not indisposed.

14. gunslinger669

Facebook is the guy who moved into your neck of the woods who makes you lock your doors at night and set the alarm on your car in your own driveway. You can't prove he's a creepy stalker, but you just know he is.

15. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I found our relatives in Sicily on FB. The guys name is exxactly the same as my dads pa was. - Giuseppe. Grandparents came over on the boat to Ellis island seperately, grandma was from the mainland but no one knew where grandpa came from as he was killed in an accident early on and they never talked about the old country.

16. hodge

hodge New Member

I don't know that guy. Wait a minute- maybe I'm that guy...:eek:

The only creepy stalker that I know of on FB is my mother in law. I posted one time "I don't stalk- I just intensely study other people's business", and she got offended. She didn't stop, though.
    I've been tempted to create a fictional character, like Captain Tuttle on MASH, and mess with her. That's not nice, though, is it?

17. WizardMaster

When I joined Face Book almost 11 years ago.....I left 'MY SPACE' because of all the damn children running rampant about the place and from what I hear, still are! Yes, MY SPACE is referred to by most as a child's playground. Sadly enough, I see Face Book heading in that direction but EACH of us have the tools to control what or who we wish to associate with! I use it to keep in touch with friends and family, including my gun owner buddies! I was born and raised in Michigan and now live 1200 miles away in the SUNNY SOUTH!!! After CB radios LMAO( and I still do talk loud and proud LOL)E-mailing used to be big in the day in keeping in touch but the spam has become a popular fan of E-Mail entities now, so I rarely use it. And besides AOL is slow and sucks,and I just opened a Yahoo account even though I don't use it but it is better than AOL!! LOL.... The wonderful thing about Face Book is, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT TO BE!!! IF you see Facebook as nothing but trolls, children and spam, that is what YOU have allowed into your life and for viewing pleasure! Use the 'BLOCK' feature! USE the security feature that blocks public eyes from prying Crap, I must have about 100 blocked from my life period. I love the block feature because they VANISH period. They no longer can see you and you can no longer see them! If you don't like what you see BLOCK IT and stop whining! I have several trolls from my area to Flagler Beach that I have had to block especially one on this very website who claims to own guns but don't and is just a troll, especially when you do Swip Swap and they want to argue with you HAHA! I love the BLOCK feature! THAT is what makes Face Book a livable and sociable site! IF you don't like what you see, that is your fault for NOT taming it and cleaning up the BS you don't want to see! I thrive on Face Book and being able to communicate with my family, school buddies, and gun toting friends!!!! I have done well! I have a VERY tame Face Book system with over 1,300 members and friends and I will always welcome more. Oh sure, every once in a while I have to block the ANTI GUN Liberal for running their mouth...... IF you do FB and care to add another friend, send me a PM, I would love to add more and I would love to have you. REMEMBER> Face Book is YOUR PAGE and what you wish to see and who you wish to associate with period. Screw those people who threaten of trimming their friend list LOL!!! LIVE AND LET LIVE! Thanks for letting me spew my thoughts.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  18. WizardMaster

And when you know who he is, what do you do next??? There ya go! Eliminate him by blocking him and use the security panel and go private from public view. The only ones you see are ones YOU accept.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  19. gunslinger669

You don't get it. Facebook itself is the creep. I do not use social media, no Twitter no MySpace no Facebook. They gather and use entirely too much personal information and data. Email and a few forums are all that I use, and most of my information provided to them is limited or incomplete or false.

I still write letters and make phone calls and visit people face to face. My life isn't so busy or important that I can't make time for what really matters.

20. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

I used to be crazy about doing social media. Most of the times I was found facebooking in my room. I wasted some crucial time on this creepy facebook. I realized that people should have balance between personal and professional life. I didn't remove my account from facebook but I act as if I don't have any account on ANY social networking site.