Extra spring???

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by guymalloc, Oct 22, 2018.

1. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

I put a Tandemkross 'Blast Shield' in my new Mark IV 22/45 tactical, and found an extra compression spring left over. Is it possible that it was dropped in at the factory, I checked for every spring with the parts blow-up, and they are all in and accounted for. Does Ruger hide an extra spring somewhere to tell if you've disassembled?

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

"Does Ruger hide an extra spring somewhere to tell if you've disassembled?"

I highly doubt it.
    When I have left-over parts I always just throw them in the top of my toolbox.

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Ruger sent me a couple extra springs once for an Old Army!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Perhaps some workers on the line might add a part here or there just to really mess with people's minds. Quite often I have seen kit bolt bags that have more than what's needed. Those are good for when you get a bag that got shorted.
    It's when you don't have enough parts that creates a problem. Like Mag said the extra left over parts go into the junk drawer in case you really needed it. If it doesn't go bang when you put it back together then you probably needed it. Time to start over.

MagBlackhawk likes this.
  5. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

The fact that it fell out when I had the hammer out and inverted the receiver to look up the mag well, makes me believe the extra spring was laying in a space or hole that opened when the trigger bar swung down.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

If it is a spring that doesn't do anything or belong in the pistol, it almost had to have gotten in there by accident.
    I don't think Ruger cares if you take their guns apart and I can't see them setting a 'trap' to find out if you did.
    Their CS policy is much better than that.

I don't own a Mark IV so I don't know anything about them but if I found an extra part in a Blackhawk (or any Ruger) you can be sure Ruger is gonna hear about that!

guymalloc likes this.
  7. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Any way you can post a picture of the extra spring?

8. guymalloc

guymalloc New Member

Extraspring.jpg

9. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

looks like the trigger spring. It wouldn't be hard to lose one down in there during assembly

10. SGW Gunsmith

Looks like the trigger plunger spring to me also.

11. SGW Gunsmith

Did you happen to put a Volquartsen trigger in your pistol? They do provide a lighter weight trigger plunger spring. If you used your factory trigger, better check the top of the trigger to see if the plunger has a spring under it.