Extra Magazine

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DoubleR, Aug 27, 2013.

1. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Hey ladies! I have been showing interest in carrying an second magazine on me. My husband ordered me a horizontal mag holster and I love it! Pictures coming soon! Do you carry an extra magazine? If so where and how?

2. UnekeoneCC

UnekeoneCC New Member

Hello!

I've been considering carrying an extra magazine, but haven't figured out what's going to be most comfortable for me yet. I carry my SR9c daily in a IWB Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe, which is very comfy. Since I'm short and short waisted, I need to find something that doesn't dig into my sides.

Any suggestions, especially if you know of any horizontal ones that will work.

Thanks,
    CC

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Howdy!!
    I'm in love with my horizontal mag holster. For me its been the only realistic way so far to carry an extra mag. I haven't had a chance to snap any photos yet of it on but here it is with my Glock 19 Mag in it.
    When its on it just looks like a cell phone case under my top when it prints a tiny bit. It's secure and I can put any number of my different Glock mags (its for a Glock 17,22) in it. Some are tighter in it than others but it will stretch if I wanted to carry a bigger mag. Also the Velcro strap allows me to tighten it around the mag and the top.
    I have to post pics individually so bare with me. It's and ipad thing.

Attached Files:

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Back of the holster

Attached Files:

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

One stap (top) secures the mag and the side attaches to your belt and the tighter you snug it the more secure the mag is. Have to see how snug you want it to be for quick removal. I've practiced dry firing so far. Plan on range time soon.

Attached Files:

6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

It's a Safariland holster. I have seen a few other that are a bit smaller but I don't like not having something securing it in securely! Lol also not big on snap attachments which another one had instead of the Velcro. This one was under $20 I believe so I figured I'd give it a try and see if I even liked the idea. Hubby surprised me with it and I have been carrying it since.

Attached Files:

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Ordered an IWB single mag holster last week. Looking forward to trying it out. Lost a bunch of weight so figured I already have the extra room.
    Anyone try one yet?