Excise tax on ammo?

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by Tommycourt, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

A lot of people think Lame Brain is stupid. That is far from the truth. This is my .02 cents worth and MY opinion. Since he can't go against the 2nd amendment, I truly think he will go after the ammo manufacturers with an excise tax and claim it's to help the mentally handicapped and people who suffer from mental illness. We all went through the ammo shortage and know what happens when ammo goes into short supply. Hoarding, soaring costs, unavailability and much more. He will make it so costly that you won't be able to buy 500 rounds of .22 or .45 or any caliber. It wouldn't surprise me if he had the sellers require that you, the consumer, provide a license to purchase and state for what your usage is or going to be. He will limit powder, primers, and bullets that reloaders can purchase. If he can't get our guns, he will go after ammo. .22's and .45's are purchased the most on the market and we rarely see any .22 ammo here in Az. One more note on this: once a tax is enacted it will never be recinded nor repealed. I have never heard or seen a tax repealed or recinded. I am not trying to scare anyone, however, I can almost see the writing on the walls. He will do this through executive fiat, without Congressional approval as he has done with many of our laws and without any regrets. He will make his last year in office shear hell for those of use who lawfully use, shoot and reload for our firearms. And he will do it because the sheople will allow it and because Congress will NOT fight him. In fact, I will bet if he gets the tax passed, Congress will spend it even before it comes into the money coffers. Food for thought!!!!

Tommy
    P.S. Why did the IRS need 350 million rounds of hollow point ammo? Hollow point ammo is NOT allowed in the war under the NATO agreement.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

The same reason China ordered 1.2 Billion Cadillac Escalades. Because they didn't need it, they didn't order it and it never happened.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

NATO could soon be under new management so new rules could apply.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I read a report, which could be misleading, that Lame Brain would like to be appointed to the head of NATO. That could really lead to disaster! It's not bad enough that NATO won't do anything, let alone having Lame Brain as the chief of such a poorly run organization. He won't sit at home and think of just golfing. He has a portent for being on the world stage and being in the lime light. Something akin to Bill Clinton. Can you imagine how he would run that? NATO would like to have the U.S. sign an agreement on weaponry and would overrun our 2nd amendment if it were passed. Lame Brain would not hesitate to try to ramrod this through and help satisfy his ego and agenda. I truly hope I am wrong.

Tommy

5. gunslinger669

NATO Secretary Generals are European, traditionally, because the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe is traditionally a US appointment. They "balance " out, supposedly. In any event, the head of NATO is chosen by the members, which, obviously, outnumber the US alone.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That is true gs, but lots of "firsts" seems to be the "in" thing these days,
    Stranger things have happened.

Nobel Peace Prize ring a bell?

and as has been reported Opuker has been campaigning for the title.

Jim

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  7. gunslinger669

You mean Nobel Peace Prize, I believe. The Pulitzer is for literature and journalism.

Hey if Al Gore can win a peace prize for promoting someone else's idiotic ideas about global warming- why not one for the great pretender president?

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, that one too,;)

I'm sure he could get them both.

What better way for the ammo, and guns to go away , than headin up NATO, and taking over , as a EX US POTUS.

Jim