EXCAM Targa .22 pistol Range Rpt.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Gun # 3 of 3 that we got off an old man at a gunshow last weekend.These guns were imported by F.I.E. and EXCAM in Florida for years. Same gun, different names, Made in .22, .32, and .380. They are loose copies of the 1934-35 Beretta single stacks. All steel, with this one being chrome. These are now imported by European American Arms. Don't know if the .22 is anymore, but the .32 and .380s are. Made by Tanfoglio of Italy, the .32s and .380s were very reliable. I had several. I had 2 of the .22s back in the 80s. One worked with any ammo or mag. The other one would not feed reliably with any ammo or mag.

Guns have fixed sights. one safety operates as both a safety and takedown lever. The other is a hammer block type. Not a decocker. It just blocks the pin while ya manaually lower the hammer. Single action only.

Gun had chrome sights that I could not see at all in dim light. So target was fied using the side of the side to sight on the mark. So, the shots are more to the right than they shoul d be. . Fired as fast as I could at 10 feet using Fed blulk pack. Only 8 out of 10 were on teh pie plate, but all would have hit a "man" size target.

[​IMG]

Test target fired at 10 feet using Fed bulk pack. It was reliable with that ammo. It did not like CCI mini mags. Guy wanted a hundred for this one. Had to give it to him to get the other 2 guns he had for 2 each. Said that would be enought to get a used Glock he wanted.

[​IMG]

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I find those little compact 22 semi auto's to be finicky and troublesome.

Nice to see you have one that is reliable.

I still wouldn't trust it as a CCW. But it would be better than a sharp stick or a handful of rocks.....:duck:

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Pancho, at least it cycled.;):)

Reminds me of my Jennings,

Jim

4. Pancho_Villa

Maninly bought it so I could get the deal on the STAR BM and the Ballerina Molester .45. It was all three or nothing. It will probably get traded or turned.

5. Pancho_Villa

It's actually much bigger than the Jennings. It is the size of a Bersa .380. Some of these worked and others just didn't. Same as the Jennings.Can't tell when ya buy it. Gotta shoot it before ya know.