enough already

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, May 27, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Dang it enough of this dang rain already. The water just gets drained out and dang if we don't get clobbered again with more rain. Have had 4" since early this morning and it still is coming down with more storms coming in behind this one. Reports were calling for only 20% chance of rain and well we are getting the full 100% of the 20%.
    The 4" rain per hour that hit Houston missed me or I would have been flooded in the house. Listening to local Sheriff radio and roads flooded and closed all over the area.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I been watching your area on the news,
    wow... you guys are getting hammered.

Now theres a dam ready to break..
    How far are you from that?

we cant get dried out either, but not like yall.

Jim

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Haven't had a soaking rain (damn little of any rain) in at least a month and a half. Send us some of yours?

4. phideaux

I been trying to finish planting my garden for 4-5 weeks, it just wont get dry enough.

I would send it if I could.

Jim

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    You have my sympathy. I have been watching the news and I see the mess that the state of Texas is in. It looks as if you go from drought to drowning. I pray all is well for you and your family. I have only been through 1 flood in my 60+ years and I remember the mess that was left behind. I hope all works out for you buddy and wish you all the luck in the world!!!! I wish I could say more but I am rendered speechless.
    Tommy

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey Buster,
    We both missed it by only a few miles. At noon today they were finding cars as the water goes down. As I'm sure you have seen on the news, freeways looked like rivers with vehicles piled up to the sides like driftwood.

But on the bright side, no more drought in our area. Central and west Texas is getting at least some much needed rain. I think they are out of the drought and now just classified as being under dry conditions.

7. buster40c

Yes come on bright side, enough of the dang clouds. Three years in a row we had drought so bad the farmers lost their corn crops three years in a row. Now the farmers will be lucky if the crops don't rot from all the water.
    I sure am glad I didn't have to drive to Houston now.
    Waller County is shaped like a backwards 7. Is a backward 7 still considered lucky? I guess through this round of storms it was.
    The dam is long ways from me and wouldn't affect me. News said Lake Conroe dam was letting out 8700 cu. ft. of water PER SECOND. Lake Livingston dam the water is way out of banks.

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I can't believe how bad y'all are getting hammered!
    Stay safe guys!

9. buster40c

Here we go again. We got 3/4 " yesterday and today it has rained fairly hard off and on several times today. 60% rain for next 3-4 days. I sure am glad it dried out enough for me to mow last Thursday. I am glad these rain bursts are only about 15 minutes long and not steady all day hard rain.

10. phideaux

I know what ya mean... my radar looks like measles...little pop ups all over,
    we got about 4 or 5 of those yesterday...only one today. So far.

Garden loves it.

Jim

11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Don't look now but there's a tropical system coming our way.
    Rain chances going up!!!

12. buster40c

I don't want to look! Have any of ya'll noticed the talk about this year will be prime for Houston to get nailed by a hurricane? Last time they were saying that about New Orleans remember what happened. N.O. downtown flooded just like they said could happen. Okay I will take off my tin foil hat now.

13. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

buster,
    You'r on a roll. Keep that hat on. LOL...:cryinglaugh:

14. buster40c

Ok Magnum. LOL I am playing the HAARP.
    I have gotten almost 1.5" of rain so far today.

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hey, it rained all night here too! Is it raining everywhere? - I don't want to look online. I ain't religious, but...

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Nope! Lol! Still dry as a bone here

17. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

OK buster, you can take off the tin foil hat now and turn on the TV news.

Flood warnings starting at 10:00 PM tonight for ALL of the areas around us.
    We are almost for sure getting at least some heavy rain.

Local TV weather people are having lots of fun "reporting". The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

But real flooding ain't funny, hope it does not flood anyone. We should be high and dry here. Hope you are too.

18. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

We had rain here in Az in the month of June(about 1/2") and that is the first time in history, since they have been keeping weather records that it has ever rained in Az in June. It will rain here, temps drop (sometimes to the high 80's) and then heat up the next day and drive the humidity up. I just wish the good Lord would spread some of that rain around. Right now we could sure use it! Our "rainy" season will start in mid July but we MIGHT get an inch or so and sometimes we get nothing. Ground temps are too hot for rain to fall.
    Tommy