Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my next purchase is going to be a Ruger single action. The question is, Vaquero or Blackhawk? Thoughts? Opinions? I was thinking one of these guns chambered in .357 so I don't have to buy ANOTHER caliber. Generally, intended use is very important when deciding on a gun. I want the gun simply for the cool factor and because it would be fun to shoot. Should I go with a different caliber? Barrel length? Finish? Enlighten me please. :)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You probably will own both some day down the road anyway so does it really matter which you buy now?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably will own both some day down the road anyway so does it really matter which you buy now?

I completely agree with you but which one should be first? Haha

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
they are both TANKs,

You want adjustable rear sight ?
Then it Blackhawk.

Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are both TANKs,

You want adjustable rear sight ?
Then it Blackhawk.

Jim

Ok. How "good" are Vaquero sights? Will the adjustability be worth it? Assuming of course I do my part.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Not every Vaquero shoots to point of aim,

With the Blackhawk you adj the sights.

Its worth it if you need the adjustment, for hitting POA.

I have found that not too many people shoot the same gun the same way.

I nee all the help I can get.;)

I personally think The Vaquero is better looking, but lacks the adj sight.

Your decision.

BOTH??

Jim

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Convertible Blackhawk. $50-$80 more for a second caliber. Why wouldn't you?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Have you put the Bisley Vaquero in your hand? I like the looks of the Blackhawk better but I must admit, the Bisley seems to fit my hand better.

My opinion is a bit biased cause I started with Blackhawks and I'm sticking with em just cause of well, I like em.
The adjustable sights are good for me because my eyes keep changing with age.

Oh heck, just get one (or more) of each.......

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have come to wanting adjustable sights on a gun. I have had guns that for sure adjustable sights would have made shooting the gun more enjoyable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a combo Blackhawk in .45 Colt/.45ACP and like it a lot. My friend has a Bisley Vaquero which does fit my hand better. The only complaint I have is finding a holster for the Blackhawk is a bit harder because of the fat front sight.

[FONT=&quot]I chose .45 because it's a bit more authentic for the old west days. And ACP is cheaper as well as easier to find[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I have come to wanting adjustable sights on a gun. I have had guns that for sure adjustable sights would have made shooting the gun more enjoyable.
All of my guns have adjustable sights except the Smith Model 10. That has a 3" barrel, shoots POA at 10 yards anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have four Vaqueros, and one Blackhawk. For me, they all shoot great. By the numbers you would conclude that I like the Vaqueros best. I really do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts