Ec9

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by tsveggie, Mar 28, 2018.

1. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

My apologies if this has been covered

I got one of those malfunctioning lcp2 380’s

Soooo. I was kinda thinking about an ec9

I like that it’s smaller than the single stack Glock, and the price, but I don’t want a repeat of my lcp2

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    mrmike7189 likes this.
  2. OldBlue

OldBlue New Member

I have the EC9s (bought it about a month ago), and so far, so good. I've got about 200 rounds through it w/ a mix of cheap range ammo on up, and not a single issue.

3. tgs2401

tgs2401 New Member

I have both. I had to send the LCP2 back to Ruger twice but it was worth the wait because it runs like a champ now. I bought the EC9 for the 9mm ammo since it’s cheaper to buy and practice. Both have been flawless at the range. I still prefer the smaller and light LCP2 for CC but do carry the EC9 concealed in an IWB holster or a winter coat pocket.

4. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

What was each issue with the lpc2?

5. quirky

quirky Active Member

The EC9s is one of the best kept secrets in the gun world. I paid just north of $200 and it included the FFL charge. It's a soft shooter that allows me's to shoot it one handed and from the weak side as well. I don't shoot two handed. It will be two years in the summer I've own it and around 300 + rounds through it of various ammo, no hiccups at all. A little tricky take down but it will grow on you, especially for the price. :)

It carry's nice in my front pocket and I like having that safety on it because I don't use a holster.
    [​IMG]

I like the .380 caliber but every gun I had chambered for it was a jamomactic of which the Glock 42 was the worst. ___ But 9mm will get it done.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I won't trust an auto-loading pistol until it goes at least 500 rounds without any failures of any kind.
    Takes far less than a month to find out if it's going to make the grade...

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

8. tgs2401

tgs2401 New Member

The LCP2 kept having stovepipe and FTF and FTE issues. Ruger put in a heavier spring and metal rod and it hasn’t had an issue since.

9. wsitgm

wsitgm New Member

I just put a Galloway stainless rod and 13lb outer spring in my 380 LCP II. I'll report out when I get to shoot it. Until then I'm carrying sig elite perf FMJ.

10. Jazzccp

Jazzccp New Member

I’m considering an EC9 for my wife. Is it easy to rack the slide. She has trouble racking micro 9mm pistols. However, she has no trouble at all with the Taurus G2c compact 9mm. Thanks in advance for your replies.

11. quirky

quirky Active Member

It's hard to judge what is easy but I can say I would know if it wasn't because I've own handguns that were hard. Only thing I can say is find one at a store and let her try it, if not go for that Taurus.

Something you may want to look into is S&W new EZ 9, it's the same as their EZ .380 and they where specifically design for people with weak hand strength. Not only is it easy to rack it's easy to load the mags.