EC9 in the house ..

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by quirky, Aug 6, 2018.

1. quirky

quirky Active Member

Well, my original plans kind of went every which way but to what I thought I was going to do as far as what new handgun I was going to get.
    I went with Ruger's new EC9 and I must say on first look up close I'm liking it.

Went over early afternoon to my FFL and picked it up and will try to get out to the club on Wednesday or Thursday and break it in.

[​IMG]

The manual said it was ready to go out of the box no need to clean or oil but I wanted to get the feel for the break down so I did a spot clean and oil mainly I wanted to run a patch through the bore. Breakdown was a tad usual for me and I'm sure as I get use to it and the pin wears in I won't need to use my hammer on it anymore,o_O had to use that and my old Glock tool. You ain't getting that pin out with a paper clip like the manual says, maybe in time but no way the first few times that's for sure.

But I tapped lightly and it came out, the hardest part is holding the slide back around 1/8" while you push on the pin.

Anyway, this is a lot of gun in my opinion for what you pay for it.
    I'll post a range report when I break it in.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If that pin is anything like on an LC9s then yes you need three hands to get it back in. I agree a paper clip isn't about to push it out. I use a pen to get it to move out a bit at first. It definitely isn't the easiest gun to take down but it isn't the hardest either.

3. 0311

0311 Member

Congratulations on the new pistol! I really like the EC9/LC9! Hope it serves you well.

4. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

I bought a LC9s before the EC9 came out. Don't get me wrong the LC9s is a great gun but the EC9 would have served it's purpose for me.