Drift of threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Drm50, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Drm50

Drm50 Drm50

I'm 64 yrs old. I have been shooting since I was 3. Had my own rifle at 5. Been
    dealing guns as long as I can remember. There is still a lot of things I don't
    know. I own several Ruger handguns and rifles. I have bought over 100 new.
    I just recently gotten Ipad and learned how to use it. I figured to join this forum
    because there would be guys that were Ruger experts involved. I ask simple
    black and white question and somebody posts picture of their gun. Another
    posts he knows nothing about what I ask, then goes into what he knows about
    another subject. Then 3rd poster comes on and "likes" the other 2 posts. It's
    like playing board games with my 6 yr old grandkids. If I don't know anything
    or can't add any intelligent info to discussion I don't comment in post. Anybody
    else notice this.

2. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome to life on the web!

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hang in there Drm50,

Ive yet to find that true"expert" .
    I been hanging around forums for 10 years, i have learned a lot, just from gleaning info from many guys, like yourself,

I think its up to you how deep you want to dig.

Ya just gotta weed thru it.;):)

Jim

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I just "liked" the last three posts...guess that makes me a troll !! :rolleyes:

( Just kiddin' Drm50 !! ) ;)

5. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I have noticed that phenomenon on several forums, not exclusively RT. A guy wants opinions on a good 9mm SD round and it turns into a pissing match on 40 vs 9 or snubbie vs pocket rockets. WTH?

I'm sure I've posted some irrelevant stuff, but I try to keep to the thread topic and if I have nothing to offer, I won't participate.

On the other hand, if a thread is spiraling wildly out of control, I certainly don't mind poking fun at the culprits who caused it.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1424106283.010818.jpg

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

:D

Well said. describes a common occurrence though. What thread is that? I'd like to wade in with my own unrequested opinion.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sometimes people just get off track. It happens when we let our minds drift. When I first saw the thread title I thought it was a question about the thread drift perhaps in gun barrels. LOL I will not now get into barrels.

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

^^^^ lol^^^^^

Look, a butterfly. :)

9. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

OOPS! I liked a photo. But then again it was on topic. I need 10 lashes with a wet noodle. Anybody know how to make homemade wet noodles?