DPMS AR-15, Impulse buy!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Well, yeah!. Pancho "El Cheapo" acutally got a new gun. And of course ya get a story. Not a long one though. Wife had gone to an area Wally World to get her hair gun and permed. So, that was a bad thing. I had too much time on my hands and to much $ left from the last gunshow,

I had been checking out this WW cause they had started getting some ARs and HD shotguns since back in August. However, the prices were not great. Better than they had been during the gun and ammo shortages, but not great. And I had missed the Thanksgiving, 20% off sale on all guns. They had run out of the DPMS guns untill thid week. The saleslady claimed the prices were loweer than before the sale. O.K. so I asked, 617.00+. Yes it was better. She played me like a fish and I bought one.

It is a standad M4gery type carbine. Flat top, no sights, no dust cover and no forward assist. The DC and FA being things that purist would want on their guns. But I have no need for them. Lowers production costs on the upper and no irons sights helps too , I guess. Don't need the iron peeper anyewya cause I can't see well enought to use them now. It has the collapsible buttstock and a nice finish. Good beater for around the old rancho. I never use my 35 year old Colt Sporter 1 cause I hate to scratch it. Been using a beater AK which I like better, but having trouble seeing the sights on it now too. Those are good enough excuses to buy this gun, right?:D

Put a few rounds through it with a take off cheapo scope I had. Couldn't get it to maove far enough left on the adjustment. It was a take off from a hunting rifle I bought used last year that some guy sold cuase he "couldn't hit nothing with it." Tried putting the scope on another gun too and had the same probelm. So, I can blame zero diffiiculties on the scope for now. Got another one to try later.

A pic of the gun.

[​IMG]

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats ..... Hope you have many years of enjoyment with her ..

3. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Congrats, looks good. Hope the new scope works out.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Pancho, Pancho, tell me it aint so.... full retail?:hammer:
    :D

Thats a good gun, have fun.

Always does my heart good when a friend gets a new toy.

Congrats.

Jim

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Test target fired at 30 yds. in fuggin cold 35 degree weather. So cold I fired from inside my wash room, ou the back door. Using a trash can as a rest with a towel for sandbags. Got the problem with the rings was corected and I bore sighted the gun before shooting this time. Saved on ammo. First 2 were almost off my standar Pancho "El Cheapo" pizza box target at the bottom. Made the adjustments. Shots 3&4 were an inch or so to the feft. A few more clicks took shot 5 to just about right. Fine tune later when the weather gets better. It is now at Minute Of Javelina in the yard.

[​IMG]