Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than back in 2,003 I don't remember downtown Portland flooding,this is either the 3 or 4th time it's flooded this year and at least the 2nd time this bad.

I think we've definitely had enough rain for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
In our hill country (Vermont is mostly hill country) Evelyn ripped out the smaller streams and converted them into sluices. then those sluices poured water into the rivers so they would tear up their banks. Now every middling rainstorm tears more out of the banks. Folks are losing useable/arable land everywhere. It's going to be multiple decades getting better, if it ever does.

:eek:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
A government study has determined that rain is a major cause of flooding.
How many thousands did they pay for that study? Our tax dollars not at work but put in someone's pockets. Sheer stupidity. For a measly $500 I could have handed them a report with same findings.
Ya'll call it tin foil hat stupidity but HAARP is real and is being used. Check into why cell phone towers have 1000 times the needed power supplied to them.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I would like to get a job with HAARP and figure out if there is a conspiracy there. My salary would be an abysmal $150K per year and I would call in daily to let them in charge know if it's going to rain today in Az. I would let them know what temps were, air and ground and also let them know if we can expect rain. I won't have any travel expenses, other than going to the mountains to check the temps up there (at least once a week) and let them know wind direction (according to the way the trees sway) and some food expense. I do enjoy prime rib! Could some one please direct me to the hiring agency so I can send in my resume and bona fides. If you could do that right away, I would be eternally grateful. Also could use an assistant.
Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I feel for you guys , SH.

We have been in that trend since March,
Finaly dodged 2 bullets this week... did ya see what happened just east of me in East Ky ?

Ride it out...what else can ya do?

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I didn't see that.... Luckily I don't live in town anymore but it makes it about impossible to get anywhere from what I here. It sounds like the biggest share of town is underwater so even after it recedes it'll take time to clean up the mess in all the businesses. Back in 2,003 a lot of the businesses didn't have flood insurance and lost a bundle,hopefully they wised up after that.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Other than back in 2,003 I don't remember downtown Portland flooding,this is either the 3 or 4th time it's flooded this year and at least the 2nd time this bad.

I think we've definitely had enough rain for awhile.
Squirrel,
We need the rain here however not quite that much. I have had to live through only 1 flood and I can tell you from experience, it ain't no fun. The mess it leaves behind, the smell of drying out algae and garbage and the total job of having to clean up. Like taking a shower and falling back into the mud. You guys have my sympathy. I just hope it doesn't get up to your area. My condolences if it does.
Tommy

Sometimes life just ain't fair!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts